Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The McGillicutty's exit, stage left, stage California evvven...

The McGillicutty's exit, stage left, stage California evvven...

snagglepussbroadway.jpgsnagglepussbroadway.jpgsnagglepussbroadway.jpg

Heavens to Murgatroid, this is it cache-fans, Arkansans evvven... The McGillicutty's are officially on their way to Sunny Southern CA
    for a new chapter in McGillicutty's Cache-A-Lympia! Mrs McGillicutty & Jaybird flew out this morning for their whirlwind adventure of
    house hunting & job jumping. Chickadee has been tasked with the ever daunting challenge of "Cat Whisperer" on our long
    voyage across Route 66 in the weeks to come. Unfortunately the checkered flag has flown on our time here in AR,
    and the wacky races, Razorback Edition, have come to an end.

But fear not fellow cache-fans, all is not lost. Before we go, Chickadee & I will be attending the
    ArkGeo events this coming Saturday & the SWAG Monthly MnG at Colton's next Monday.

Also if time allows, we may even squeeze in HWF6's "This Aint Your Average Picnic" at the end of June.
    If we do, the Cacheball gear will be readily available if anyone is interested in getting in one last game before we depart.

************************************************** ************************************************** ******************

Some of you have been aware of our plans for a little while, to others this may be a bit of a surprise.
    We've talked about moving back to CA for years, but it was always an abstract idea until 2013 rolled around.
    Then certain things started falling into place, that made the abstract a possibility.

Two things are certain though, about our time here in AR.

1: Without Arkansas, the Geocaching McGillicutty's would NOT exist!
    It was Mrs McGilicutty's now former dentist, who introduced us to Geocaching.
    Who knows if we would have ever discovered the obsession otherwise.

2: We wouldn't have known ANY of the great friends we've met over the past couple years if NOT for caching.
    I maintain the best part of GC'ing is the people you meet & the stories you share.

To that end, here are some McGillicutty's AR highlights:

Spelunking the network of Dr Evil's underground bunkers beneath the mean streets of El Dorado with Mr Fab5!!

Never finding an Arkayaker cache in Malvern with ArkFireMedic, because flipping over a kayak in the Ouachita River (5 times) was more fun!

Spraining not one, but both ankles, yet STILL completing the 4 1/2 mile Seven Hollows Trail with Zeke & Jaybird at Petite Jean SP!

Getting lost in the deep woods of Little Rock's Conner Park with IronHorse4 & EJ1231 after the bottom fell out of the AR sky!

Helping surprise a young cacher with her 16th birthday cache-mobile! (We didn't actually "buy the car", her parents did, but still...)

And who could forget the 700+ OK Land Run with StealYourCache, SJClimber & Savoy! Half of whom came home withtyphoid fever, LOL!

Last but not least, S.W.A.G!!
    No offense to everyone else but the best group of cachers reside in Garland County!
    And for our time here in AR, the most fun we ever had was with S.W.A.G!
    Between the hayrides, hotdogs, hijinks & hootenanny at Swagville,
    March's Mulching Madness at Transportation Plaza & the countless monthly MnG's,
    I can honestly say we're better off for being a part of team S.W.A.G!

************************************************** ************************************************** ******************

We couldn't pull off Geowoodstock XI: Gator Edition this year,
    BUT since GeoWoodstock XII is in CARDINAL NATION in 2014
    we will definitely be coming back to St Louis. That's right,
    GWS Redbirds Edition!!!

If the Cards are playing a home series we should all get group tickets to Sunday's game!
    Hope to see everyone there!

Final side note:
    I have every intention of off-loading a Troybuilt push mower and,
    a Husqvarna gas-powered weed wacker before we leave.
    First come, first serve, PM me if your interested.

Also if anyone is interested in helping load the moving truck,
    beer & pizza can be accommodated.

Join us next time as we span the globe again, to capture the triumph of the cacher,
    the torment of the vanquished & the eternal struggle to be Cache-A-Lympics champion!

Wow... Going to miss you guys here for sure. Have safe travels and hope you are blessed beyond measure in your new adventure!

see you this weekend.

Steal Your Cache Guest
    Mike,

this is not good by! i just gained a new caching base is so-cal!!!

wish you guys the best. see you this weekend.

SYC

ZOIKS! (Had to throw in another Hanna-Barbara quote!) I sure hate to see you go, but if opportunity takes you to the westside, then you gotta do whatcha gotta do. I enjoyed our couple of runs too. Didn't you take a picture of that really weird barn towards Cabot that had all the weird skulls on it? You gotta forward me that one.

Peace out my hommie and I wish you and your family the best in sunny California!

~Razz~

Quote Originally Posted by Razz007 View Post
    Never finding an Arkayaker cache in Malvern with ArkFireMedic, because flipping over a kayak in the Ouachita River (5 times) was more fun!
    Wow I made the list! I've got two kayaks ready to go to redeem yourself, although I don't think now is the right time as I'm sure the current is EXTRA fast due to the release of all the recent flood water. Although if someone (not naming names) fell out of the kayak five times without current, imagine the laughs if there was current I wish you and your family all the best. Happy cachin'! AFM

You guys will be missed.... Hope you all enjoy and thrive in your new home and place 1000 plus caches for us to come fine when we wander West.... With today's technology, you guys will never be completely gone, so we will visit on-line. See you and
    Chickadee this weekend....

“There aren’t enough days in the weekend.”
    Rod Schmidt

Wow, Mike. Keep us posted about your location, etc. As with Goff, looks like a base in SoCal, no?? And maybe meet half-way for adventures in the desert?? Hope you all have a safe trip down Rt. 66.

Quote Originally Posted by Razz007 View Post
    Didn't you take a picture of that really weird barn towards Cabot that had all the weird skulls on it? You gotta forward me that one.
    I remember that barn, but I looked on my phone, I don't remember taking a pic of that.

Quote Originally Posted by arkfiremedic View Post
    Although if someone (not naming names) fell out of the kayak five times without current, imagine the laughs if there was current.
    You'd be fishing me out of the water somewhere down past Arkadelphia or maybe even Smackover, LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Steal Your Cache View Post
    I just gained a new caching base is so-cal!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by SJClimber View Post
    As with Goff, looks like a base in SoCal, no?? And maybe meet half-way for adventures in the desert??
    I guess that's the one thing I forgot to mention, Highland CA can be considered a new Geocaching base of operations for anyone interested in venturing out west & hitting up, what allot of cachers consider, Geocaching nirvana (at least that's what I've heard from some CA cachers, LOL). Always sunny 24/7/365, no ice storms, and there is ALLOT of open space to hide caches. There's 800+ caches on the "Route 66" series, 1000+ caches on the newly published "Heart of the Mojave Desert" series, 400+ caches on the "Cadiz Cachex4ing", and that's just in Southern CA, not to mention the 2000+ "ET Highway" in AZ. Like L2C said, it's a small world, so if you're thinking about heading that way, let me know.

Also Chickadee & I, much to her dismay, are still here in AR for at least another month, if anyone is interested in some weekend caching!

One thing I did want to knock out before we leave is L2C's Lake Ouachita boat caches, but we don't have a boat.

And I may make a run up to grab Gorilla Stash, if anyone hasn't snagged that one & wants to tag along.

Too many caches, too little time!!!

We missed you guys last night. Thought you were coming to say, "Bye"? Are you going to still be here Sunday? Come to the event on the lake...?
    “There aren’t enough days in the weekend.”
    Rod Schmidt

Quote Originally Posted by likestocanoe View Post
    We missed you guys last night. Thought you were coming to say, "Bye"? Are you going to still be here Sunday?
    Sorry we missed Monday night, work ran late.But all the more reason we'll come to the CITO this weekend.
    Is anyone else coming though? I only see FFC & IH4 so far?

Quote Originally Posted by likestocanoe View Post
    Come to the event on the lake...?
    I was also wondering if the GWOT Bon Voyage event hosts from TN, with 10 cachers coming, will have enough room on their boat for us locals.
    Any thoughts on making the outing a fleet of ships? Then someone gets to be Admiral! Any boat-owning cachers out there interested?
    Last edited by Mickey McGillicutty; 06-12-2013 at 04:35 PM.