Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New Site

I'm Loving the new site. I should be asleep right now but just have to check out all of the great new features. Thanks Kevin for getting it all switched.

Quote Originally Posted by OldRiverRunner View Post
    Also, I just noticed that under my name, next to my avatar, is the title "Senior Member". Does this mean that I can get senior discounts from ArkGeo???
    Hey Frank, if you go to the edit profile page you can change that "Senior Member" to whatever you want.

Quote Originally Posted by kcackler View Post
    Pleased to hear it.

I'm sure the switch won't be all rainbows and unicorns, though (Although I'm hoping)
    Some pages now are very SLOOOOWWWW in loading up. A by-product of the new site?

Quote Originally Posted by idratherbehiking View Post
    Hey Frank, if you go to the edit profile page you can change that "Senior Member" to whatever you want.
    Didn't work when I tried to change it.
    "Wildness is a necessity." -- John Muir

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." -- Steve McQueen

Quote Originally Posted by OldRiverRunner View Post
    Some pages now are very SLOOOOWWWW in loading up. A by-product of the new site?
    Nope - A by-product of having some disk issues on this server yesterday. Hoping to have that fixed when I get back (Server guy is working on it today).

It's still faster than it was before, though

Ashallond Guest
    Is there any way to change the icons on the forum page to a deeper shade of blue (or something brighter) when there is a new message in a thread or forum? The blues and the muted blue/grey aren't as easy to denote as the blues and red balls from before.

Other than that one question, this is nice.

It's on my list of things to do, as I'm in full agreement with you. Having said that - Is the overall color scheme acceptable? I'm trying to bring a bit of professionalism to the look of the website, compared to the old website themes available.

Looks great! Thanks!
    Mother to 2 dogs - Foxer, the chicken herder and Bo, the pug, 1 kitty chupacabra princess Daksi and Married to a wonderful man, Pizzaboy2600.

Wow. Thought I was going to have to get the garmin out and put in some cords, but finally found my way here. Once I explore all the features I think I am going to like the new site. Thanks for all the work.

Ashallond Guest
    I sort of miss the red tones, but that's just me.

Really the forum icons were my only real fuss.

Quote Originally Posted by kcackler View Post
    Is the overall color scheme acceptable?
    I like the color scheme. Easy on the eyes and has plenty of contrast for me. Of course you could use the old Windows "Hot Dog Stand" colors if you really want to annoy folks...

I agree that it's a little hard to differentiate between the old and new messages. For some reason, they chose to use an open envelope icon for unread messages and a closed envelope icon for read messages. That really doesn't make sense to me, but I'll get used to it...

Wayne
    I get my directions from above.
    View my profile