Thread: Grand Canyon River Trip

Grand Canyon River Trip

I will be going on another rafting trip through the Grand Canyon in June. I have learned that three of the folks who initially signed up with our group have had to drop out. So we are looking for adventurous souls who might be interested in joining us on this journey.

We will launch from Lee's Ferry, AZ on the morning of June 6 on a guided motorized raft tour (Hatch River Expeditions) and explore about 180 miles of the Colorado River and the Grand Canyon before leaving our rafts and guides by helicopter on the morning of June 12. If you are interested or have questions, please contact me at oldriverrunner@hotmail.com and I will put you in touch with my friend who has organized this trip.

Time is of the essence, so please contact me within the next week if you are interested.
    Last edited by OldRiverRunner; 02-21-2013 at 07:11 PM.
    "Wildness is a necessity." -- John Muir

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." -- Steve McQueen

Cost? Where is the takeout?

This sounds like a great trip and I would love to go but it may be a little out of my price range right now.

Quote Originally Posted by SJClimber View Post
    Cost? Where is the takeout?
    The cost per person is $2467. Passengers leave the river by helicopter at Whitmore Wash, River Mile 187.5. This is downstream of Lava Falls (Mile 179.5). The helicopter ride is short (maybe 10 minutes), and takes the passengers to Bar 10 Ranch north of the river, where there is an airstrip and planes to fly the passengers back to Lee's Ferry or to Las Vegas. After all passengers have departed from the helipad at riverside, the river guides continue to Lake Mead (Pearce Ferry, Mile 279.5) where the rafts are dismantled and trucked back to Lee's Ferry.

The cost of the trip includes lodging at Cliff Dwellers Lodge (near Lee's Ferry) the night before we get on the river, sleeping gear (ground sheet, foam pad, sleeping bag, pillow), all food while on the river (and they feed everyone well), the helicopter ride out of the canyon to Bar 10 Ranch, and the airplane ride back to the Lee's Ferry area (for those traveling by car to home) or to Las Vegas (for those traveling by air from there). Each person is responsible for transportation to the Lee's Ferry area and back home, and all personal clothing and gear for use while on the river. Hatch River Expeditions also provides tents and camp chairs as part of the package.
    "Wildness is a necessity." -- John Muir

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." -- Steve McQueen