Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: GPS Arkansas Adventures

Ashallond Guest
    I had emailed groundspeak to notify them of this back on Wednesday, and they asked if I was at the museum so they could confirm everything. I said no and pointed them to Bonnie Craig. I'm stunned it went up this fast honestly. This will be my first arkansas maze. never could get to the other sites. I have been to the national maze when it was in Nashville, and plan to go to it went it leaves Canada and goes to Wichita next spring.

Just clicked on the link to check out the info on it and noticed 2ter and my picture on there. Wonder if I'll get a royalty check for them utilizing my likeness to promote the cause

The geocaching listing says this opens on Dec. 20th. It is not open as of the 21st. The sign on the doors says it will open Dec. 22 (today) but I have my doubts on that. I looked in late yesterday afternoon and they were just unbooking and setting up things. Unless they worked all night it probably will not be ready today. Also the cords on the geocaching listing will not take you there. You need to get the street address.

Quote Originally Posted by Jffok View Post
    The geocaching listing says this opens on Dec. 20th. It is not open as of the 21st. The sign on the doors says it will open Dec. 22 (today) but I have my doubts on that. I looked in late yesterday afternoon and they were just unbooking and setting up things. Unless they worked all night it probably will not be ready today. Also the cords on the geocaching listing will not take you there. You need to get the street address.
    Looks like Groundspeak didn't follow their own rules before publishing this "cache" - the one that says the cache has to be in place before the listing can be published!
    "Wildness is a necessity." -- John Muir

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." -- Steve McQueen

Thanks for the info. jffok you saved me a trip to Fayetteville today! Guess I will give it 1 more day to get set-up.
    jim white

Quote Originally Posted by Jffok View Post
    I've notified Groundspeak about the problems. Thanks for letting us know about it, Judy!
    "Volunteering is for suckers. Did you know that volunteers don't even get paid for the stuff they do?" -- Homer Simpson

Ashallond Guest
    I was told it would be open yesterday when I called to double check on tuesday. I would highly recommend calling ahead until it gets open.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashallond View Post
    I was told it would be open yesterday when I called to double check on tuesday. I would highly recommend calling ahead until it gets open.

The cache page has been updated to show an opening date of December 27. You probably should call ahead, however, before visiting on this date or soon thereafter!

Regarding the coordinates, I don't know if the posted ones have been corrected or not. If they are not correct and anyone has the right ones, I will be happy to update the listing with the correct ones. Just email me with them or post them in this thread.
    "Volunteering is for suckers. Did you know that volunteers don't even get paid for the stuff they do?" -- Homer Simpson

I would like a link to the Cache page, or for someone to tell me how to find it.
    Profile for thefab5willisclan

Quote Originally Posted by thefab5willisclan View Post
    i would like a link to the cache page, or for someone to tell me how to find it.
    gc39d5m

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache...0-be52508c8186