Thread: Neon Geo

Neon Geo

I have been using the Neon Geo app for a while now on my cell phone. I like it a lot. I don't know if any one else is using it, but I have some hopefully helpful information if you do.

I used C:GEO for a while and really liked it, but It started acting all kinds of crazy and I quit using it when I downloaded the Neon Geo. Although I still think its better for placing Caches than Neon Geo, but thats another subject.
    One of the things I like about Neon Geo is the way you can upload Field Notes to geocaching.com. Another great feature is you can set up a signature so that all the stuff you put on every log is there already. All you have to do later is add all the juicy details. For instance I now have mine set up to say this:

"Log Area" Thanks for the fun!

Thefab5willisclan from Jacksonville, AR

Time: HH:MM Date: MM/DD/YY

find number: XXXX

This is stuff I like to put on all my logs, and once set up its automatic, allowing me to add maybe a small note to help me remember details later when I put more info in.

If you have Neon Geo here is how you set it up:
    From the main screen tap "info", then the menu button, then "Edit Signature" You can then type what you want. You can add Tags as well Like "Time", "Date", "username", and "Find Count".
    You are required to insert the "Log Area" tag as the place you will later type in your actual log. You can then press "Test" to see what it will look like. It's that easy.

One thing you have to watch out for is the "Find Count" tag. It looks on your phone first for previous logs, If it don't find any it then looks at Geocaching.com. So to always keep your count right, don't delete your found Caches off your phone until you have logged them online. (And you may want to still double check before hitting submit)

If anyone has any questions about any of this feel free to ask here, or email me at markawillis@yahoo.com.
    Profile for thefab5willisclan

the-snowlight Guest
    I guess this is not an iPhone app.

Quote Originally Posted by the-snowlight View Post
    I guess this is not an iPhone app.
    C:GEO is an Android app so I would assume that Neon Geo is as well.

Yes, Android. I use an HTC EVO 4G.
    Profile for thefab5willisclan