Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Maintenance of ParkCaches

We were up in the Fayetteville area this weekend. Thanks Jffok for replacing Hobbs. ORR, who has the maintenance for Prairie Grove Battlefield. In the logs it appears to have been missing for a while. That is the only one we missed up in that area this weekend. Hopefully they can replace it soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyfishingcachers View Post
    We were up in the Fayetteville area this weekend. Thanks Jffok for replacing Hobbs. ORR, who has the maintenance for Prairie Grove Battlefield. In the logs it appears to have been missing for a while. That is the only one we missed up in that area this weekend. Hopefully they can replace it soon.
    The list of volunteers is available by clicking a link in the first posting under this thread. However, I have included the link here so that future readers of this thread do not have to dig back through the thread. I will contact the volunteer. Thanks for letting me know.
    "Wildness is a necessity." -- John Muir

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." -- Steve McQueen

Thanks, thught about on way to work that I probably could look back through thread and find it. You beat me to doing that. Was looking at the list, nothing open to us, but we could be back up for Lake Catherine State Park and DeGray Lake Resort State Park.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyfishingcachers View Post
    Was looking at the list, nothing open to us, but we could be back up for Lake Catherine State Park and DeGray Lake Resort State Park.
    GREAT! Please email me at oldriverrunner@hotmail.com with your real name, your geocaching handle (if different than what you use here), and your email address, so that I have everything properly entered into our records as well as the updated list of volunteers I provide to the State Parks from time to time.

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." -- Steve McQueen

Ashallond Guest
    We (yazzman, secondgunman, and I) just got Catherine, DeGray, Ouachita, Daisy, and Crater of Diamonds today. All 5 are in good shape, exept Daisy is about 85-100 feet south of the listed coords. i know the other two took new coords, so they will probably post them

Snoozulooz Guest
    Would be glad to maintain the Crowleys Ridge and Lake Frierson Park caches if still needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoozulooz View Post
    Would be glad to maintain the Crowleys Ridge and Lake Frierson Park caches if still needed.
    GREAT! Yes, we definitely need your help with these! Please email me at oldriverrunner@hotmail.com with your real name, your geocaching handle (if different than what you use here), and your email address, so that I have everything properly entered into our records as well as the updated list of volunteers I provide to the State Parks from time to time. Thank your for volunteering!

brocherry Guest
    So who is responsible for getting the attribute taking off of the cache?

I've asked Chuck Walla to give you the correct answer on that. I'm assuming it would be the Park Superintendent, but not 100% sure.

I want to welcome a new face to our merry band of ParkCache Maintenance Volunteers! Captain_trips (aka Bruce Rutherford) has contacted me and volunteered to watch over the ParkCaches located in both the Herman Davis and Hampson Archeological Museum State Parks. Captain_trips says he lives about 2 hours from these parks, but he is willing to give it a try! Thank you for your willingness to serve!

We still have 3 ParkCaches that need someone to maintain them. They are in the Moro Bay, Poison Spring, and Queen Wilhelmina State Parks. If you live near those parks (or even if you don't!), please consider volunteering to maintain those caches so that geocachers visiting the parks in search of the ParkCache Series have a positive experience and come away with a smiley and the clue to The Grand Finale cache. Our State Parks have been very welcoming to geocaching. So this is a way to give back to them!

Link to list of current volunteers.