Thread: Halloween Night Geocaching Adventure

Halloween Night Geocaching Adventure

I have contacted cachers in the Arkansas River Valley area (Russellville, Dardanelle, Clarksville, Morrilton) to see if there is any interest in getting a group together on Halloween night (Oct. 31) to go to the night cache, Ghosts of Spanish Conquistadors (GCT5Y9), north of Dover in the Ozark National Forest. I want to extend this invitation to other cachers outside the River Valley area, if you are willing to make the trip. Depending upon how many folks want to go, we could meet somewhere and carpool up to the cache area. The Dover Lights overlook is also nearby and would provide another spooky feature for a Halloween adventure!

I have found the night cache before and have helped the cache owner to maintain it. So I am familiar with the cache. It involves a walk through the forest at night, with many hazards that have to be navigated around, including fallen trees, sticks, branches, rocks, etc. I do not recommend this one for small children

Post a note here or
    send me an email if you are interested. Use this address – oldriverrunner@hotmail.com.
    Last edited by OldRiverRunner; 10-23-2011 at 10:26 AM.
    "Wildness is a necessity." -- John Muir

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." -- Steve McQueen

Interesting idea. Unfortunately, I would have to leave my wife alone in LRA to manage the trick or treaters. Wonder if we could do a day near Halloween just not that evening?? If this is already planned by the group for that night, I'll try another time. Despite, great idea..
    Last edited by SJClimber; 10-23-2011 at 07:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SJClimber View Post
    Wonder if we could do a day near Halloween just not that evening??
    If anyone wants to do a different day, feel free to do so. I just wanted to this on Halloween because, well, it IS Halloween after all! That is the night that all the spirits are out! Any other night would just not be the same!

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." -- Steve McQueen

We won't be able to make it but I'm glad that you showed this one to us. We will be finding that one some day! Thanks.
    Profile for thefab5willisclan

I was really excited about this even though we've already done the cache....that was until Mrs. Cackler reminded me that we had to be out of town that night.

Dang....I hope you can get a good sized group together for this cache. We really enjoyed it when we went out, due to the creepy factor.

ORR, can't get your email above to go through, so, Rhone and I will likely be there, possibly earlier in the day to pick up a few caches near Dover and catchup with you all as you head north. Keep us posted, thanks..

Quote Originally Posted by SJClimber View Post
    ORR, can't get your email above to go through, so, Rhone and I will likely be there, possibly earlier in the day to pick up a few caches near Dover and catchup with you all as you head north. Keep us posted, thanks..
    Thanks Reid! Email sent to you and Rhone, as well as other "attendees" on plans for the trip on Monday evening. Looks like we will have a group of 12, with possibly 2 others. See you Monday!

You guys have fun tonight and be safe! Lisa and I have wanted to do this one for a while and we will get to "one day" So take some pictures on a long exposure up at the lights

We did have some fun!
    KoonandBud