Thread: Maps for garmin vista cx

jcblough Guest

Maps for garmin vista cx

has anyone picked up the topo maps for the garmin gps line? It seems a bit pricey at $100, but I love topo maps. Just was looking for some feedback before I considering dropping the cash on them.

Jaime, try GPS City for good prices, but $110-114 seemed to be a common figure. I have it and run on a 60C/S. Not the best TOPO, but okay. I cache a lot with Rhone, he using their road/nav program and I the TOPO, and we do okay. As I said earlier, DeLorme has a great TOPO program and now a competitive device. Have been told Magellan has a new caching device and their topo product is more useful that Garmin's. Bottom line, if you have the detailed Road/nav product from Garmin, I wouldn't spend money on the topo. 2 cents..

jcblough Guest
    Don't have any maps other than the base map - which sadly isn't as good as the base map on my old explorist 200. I finally got the garmin site working where it'd let me preview the maps I liked what I saw and picked them up at Academy for $99.00.

I like the topo information - why I don't know and it has more streets available than I had. I don't think I'm ever interested nor will use any turn by turn navigation in a car.

I have the Garmin TOPO and its pretty good. I like it.
    If your not living life on the edge your taking up too much space!!!!!!