Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Clarksville cache event.....FINally.........

nonnipoppy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Lauri
    Any decent camping in the area? I'm new to camping in Arkansas and am not sure where things are! haha
    Spadra Park is just south of town on the river and Horsehead lake is northwest. Both have camping and caches within the immediate ara. Caches in each park are Spadra(GCT9BA) and Horsehead (GCMWCP).

Come on down!

Team_Pink Guest
    Looks like a tough decision for us. Captain B's company is going to be showing off one of their little boats in Memphis on the same day as the Clarksville event. I REALLY wanna see what 10,000 horsepower looks like! If we don't make it to Clarksville, you guys have a great time. I know poppy and company put on a heck of a shindig and I know a good time will be had by all.

If we do get to make it and you see a little oriental girl and her name tag says Mya, give her some room. She has been known to eat too much of all the good food at this event!

nonnipoppy Guest
    We expect more than 20 new caches to be approved and go live in this area in the next seven days. Possibly more soon.....Make your plans.....look for a new and improved GeoPark in the Clarksville area.....Film at 11.

Lauri Guest
    Great! I might have to take off Friday to head up early and get to caching!

ARWindstalker Guest
    I've missed this event for the past couple of years so I'm glad I finally get to attend one. Couldn't have happened at a better time either...I've got some catching up to do!! See ya'll there!!

Lauri Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by nonnipoppy
    Any decent camping in the area? I'm new to camping in Arkansas and am not sure where things are! haha
    Spadra Park is just south of town on the river and Horsehead lake is northwest. Both have camping and caches within the immediate ara. Caches in each park are Spadra(GCT9BA) and Horsehead (GCMWCP).

Come on down!
    Thanks, I called Spadra Park and they said to just call a few days ahead of time and they will save one of the tent spots. I think that's where I'll end up. I'm taking Friday off to drive from Hot Springs, get camp set up, then get some caching done in the area before meeting up for dinner on Friday night!

nonnipoppy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by nonnipoppy

Come on down!
    Thanks, I called Spadra Park and they said to just call a few days ahead of time and they will save one of the tent spots. I think that's where I'll end up. I'm taking Friday off to drive from Hot Springs, get camp set up, then get some caching done in the area before meeting up for dinner on Friday night!
    Great we are looking forward to meeting you......poppy

DAFT Guest

Camping at Clarksville

We are familar with the COE park at Spadra, but was wondering if there is parking available ON SITE for motorhomes. We could "dry camp" if no hook-ups are available.
    We are fulltime RV'ers, now in Arizona, but coming back to Arkansas in early April. New to geocaching, having been introduced to it out here. Really looking forward to getting active with the Arkansas group.

nonnipoppy Guest

Re: Camping at Clarksville

Quote Originally Posted by DAFT
    We are familar with the COE park at Spadra, but was wondering if there is parking available ON SITE for motorhomes. We could "dry camp" if no hook-ups are available.
    We are fulltime RV'ers, now in Arizona, but coming back to Arkansas in early April. New to geocaching, having been introduced to it out here.
    Really looking forward to getting active with the Arkansas group.
    Actually on site the answer is no. But across the street is an empty parking lot for the city owned Marvin Vinson Multi purpose building. I feel comfortable that that would be OK.

To add some insurance the Mayor is going to sign a proclamation declaring the day of the event Geocaching Day in Clarksville. I will get his permission for you to park there......poppy

DAFT Guest
    Thanks for the info and for your help. We look forward to meeting you and others...kinda like "geocaching" for friends!