Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Clarksville cache event.....FINally.........

nonnipoppy Guest

The Clarksville cache event.....FINally.........

I have requested to be off work that day and the day before. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help with preparations.

Phantom_491 Guest
    I'll be there! Let me know if you need any help w/ the event! Thanks for what is shaping up to be one heckuva event.

PS: I'll be collecting NASCAR related TBs to take to Talledega with me the weekend following this event.

PSS: I'll get with the SLAGA (St Louis Area Geocachers Association) folks to see if they can provide me with anything from MOGA (Midwest Open Geocaching Adventure) for either giveaways or maybe just a brief presentation about the MOGA event. I'll also advertise this event at the MOGA event while I am there. Maybe we can get more of our neighbors from the north to visit.

cachecrazies Guest
    Not much question whether we'll be there or not! Looking forward to it again! We'll watch for further updates.

kittzle Guest
    I'm so excited I can't sit still anymore, LOL. I had such a blast meeting everyone last year. I was super overwhelmed, but it was a blast. And besides, I got on TV, LOL.

Can't Wait!!!!!!!!!!!

nonnipoppy Guest
    GC11AEA

Clarksville or Cacheville, You Be The Judge

Event Registration Begins at 8 AM we expect to finish around 2 PM

There will be a livestock show nearby so dogs are requested to stay at home.

Please read the entire cache page, there is lots of information here.

The following companies and/or people have made donations to this event. Thank them when you have a chance and choose them when possible.( additions as we get them)

First Security Bank
    Best Western Sherwood Inn
    Johnson Chevrolet
    CacheMates

Planned activities at this event include:

• A local Historic Places Virtual Poker Run, a new twist on an old game with great prizes.

• We will have a GPS accuracy contest. Test your unit and your skills against others.

• New this year will be a Cache Container Camo Contest. Show your stuff and camo a container. Entries will be judged by vote of the attendees. NOTE: Please plan to donate your entry to be given away at this event. Depending on the number of entries we will attempt to award prizes in regular, small and micro categories.

• Kids Korner where there will be planned activities for the the young cachers by the Johnson County Librarian Ms Kathy Jones (one of the 2Js).

• A temporary Kids cache.

• Cache that the Easter Bunny Forgot. A temporary cache similar to the chocolate cache of previous years.

• Training classes in four subjects:

9:00 AM Geocaching 101
    9:30 AM How to correctly log travel bugs and geocoins

10:00 AM Pocket Querys and Paperless geocaching
    10:30 AM Geocaching Swiss Army Knife

• Travel Bug and Geocoin swap. If you plan to swap an item in your possession feel free to drop it into the event and send the tracking number to Golfnutz at michaelsview@gmail.com If you are bringing a collection of coins of T/Bs not for trade please furnish a list or be prepared to email a list to attendees who would like to log your items.

The meal will be pot luck so bring what you can.

Please register for this event by sending the following info for each attendee
    clarksvilleevent@gmail.com This will allow us to have name tags prepared and plan the items needed to fill out the meal.

Geo name of each attendee:

Real Name of each attendee:

What potluck item are you going to bring:

I want to attend the following classes:

___________Geocaching 101

___________ How to correctly log travel bugs and geocoins

___________ Pocket Querys and Paperless geocaching

___________Geocaching Swiss Army Knife

Friday arrivals we will have dinner at 7PM @ a restaurant to be announced. All are welcome.

Saturday night we will have dinner at Western Sizzlin’ at 7PM.

flannelman Guest
    Will there be special geocacher rates at the hotel like last year?? I'd like to come up Friday and stay till Sunday morning.

nonnipoppy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by flannelman
    Will there be special geocacher rates at the hotel like last year?? I'd like to come up Friday and stay till Sunday morning.
    I'm pretty sure that there is always a geocaching rate from Golfnutz.

The Best Western phone is 479 754-7900.

Hope to see you then Will........poppy

Looking forward to attending this event for the third time. These Clarksville events are always a great time. Thanks for all the effort you guys put into them.

Lauri Guest
    Any decent camping in the area? I'm new to camping in Arkansas and am not sure where things are! haha