Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Coming soon!! Flannelman's March Geocaching Expedition.

flannelman Guest
    I think we should all meet at the alum cove cache trailhead at 8 am then go for the alum cove cache. I have posted a bookmark list of caches that I'd like to go after. I think we will head to Jasper after alum cove, picking up caches as we go. We can eat lunch in Jasper and then find the caches that are in town. There are three or four there. There is a museum and a wildlife education center in the area that both have caches. I would like to visit them but that is optional due to the fact that I would like to tour each and see what exhibits they have.

If you have some suggestions for caches to add to the list the send me a message. Since there will be a couple of different hiking trails on this expedition we probably won't have enough time to get a large ammount of caches but I'm sure they will all be quality. Please send me any ideas you may have to make this a great expedition.

I just noticed that Old River Runner has placed some new caches on Round Top Mountain just in time for the expedition. This should make the outing that much better. Thanks ORR.

Quote Originally Posted by idratherbehiking
    I just noticed that Old River Runner has placed some new caches on Round Top Mountain just in time for the expedition. This should make the outing that much better. Thanks ORR.
    You're welcome! I hope everyone enjoys the Round Top Mountain area. It's one of my favorite hiking spots in the state. -- ORR
    "Wildness is a necessity." -- John Muir

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." -- Steve McQueen

flannelman Guest
    That will add to the trip for sure. We'll get those while on the trail.

Everyone who is planning to attend the expedition please give me a shout so I'll know how many to expect. I'll go up on Friday and be at the trail a little early to try to get a coord for the meeting place. I'll post the coords here Friday night, if I can find a place to get online that is. Otherwise just meet at the trailhead between 8 and 8:30.

Looking forward to it.

Lauri Guest
    Couple of questions:

1) What's the drive like (time) from Hot Springs?
    2) Any good camping up there I might be able to camp at on Friday night?

nonnipoppy Guest
    Nonni is out of town and poppy will try to make it. We will see if we can drag Golf along........poppy

I have been looking forward to this for a while and I will definitely be there. See you Saturday morning.

WOW, you've picked one of my favorite areas of the state and one of my very favorite caches! I wish I could tag along, but I'll be working that day of course. (So glad that April is almost here!)

Ya'll have fun! The Elk Education Center is really neat, we saw a herd of elk out there one evening. It was awesome. You're in for a good weekend.

And ooooo, Kittzle, you sure should try reading that purple font when you've just been to the eye doc to be poked prodded and dilated! It's a trip! LOL

flannelman Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Lauri
    Couple of questions:

1) What's the drive like (time) from Hot Springs?

I estimate about 3 hours to drive up from HS.

2) Any good camping up there I might be able to camp at on Friday night?
    I plan on renting a cabin from this place for myself and two kiddos. http://jasperandnewtoncountyresorts.com/

They have tent and rv sites also.