Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Coming soon!! Flannelman's March Geocaching Expedition.

Lauri Guest
    Sounds fun! I should be free for this one and will mark my calendar!

polijn Guest
    ( I have to work.

Alum Cove is awesome!

I'll be working, though
    Ah, for the days that job 2 is over for the season . . .

Event

Will, are you going to post this as an "event" of sorts with GC.com?

Re: Event

Quote Originally Posted by SJClimber
    Will, are you going to post this as an "event" of sorts with GC.com?
    From the Geocaching.com Cache Listing Requirements / Guidelines:

Event caches are gatherings that are open to all geocachers and which are organized by geocachers. While a music concert, a garage sale, an organized sporting event, a ham radio field day or a town’s fireworks display might be of interest to a large percentage of geocachers, such events are not suitable for submission as event caches because the organizers and the primary attendees are not geocachers. In addition, an event cache should not be set up for the sole purpose of drawing together cachers for an organized hunt of another cache or caches. Such group hunts are best organized using the forums or an email distribution list.

In other words, I won't publish it! Sorry!
    "Volunteering is for suckers. Did you know that volunteers don't even get paid for the stuff they do?" -- Homer Simpson

flannelman Guest
    Well I guess that answers that question.

CW

Interesting information CW. On our last trip, Poppi thought it was something that could be done, but obviously not. Oh well. We will still do the hike and enjoy the cache and company.

kittzle Guest
    I might have to tag along for this one unless I get picked on too much, LOL.

cachemates Guest
    flannelman looks like we won't be able to make this months hiking adventure. I have been ask to tag along with a group of 14 Girl Scouts and another local cacher. It seems Girl Scouts can earn a badge, patch, or some kind of award for Geocaching. It will be fun to watch these youngsters follow the arrow on a gps.
    Maybe we can make the next hiking adventure. I know all who go will enjoy the trip. Alum Cove is a great place. flannelman also leads a fun expedition.

flannelman Guest
    Well Jerry I think you led the last one for the most part, and did a fine job too. I'm sure the girl scouts will have a great time looking for caches. It's nice to see people that are willing to donate their time for something like that. Way to go!!

I'll firm up the plans for the March expedition tomorrow or Saturday at the latest.