Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Coming soon!! Flannelman's March Geocaching Expedition.

flannelman Guest

Coming soon!! Flannelman's March Geocaching Expedition.

Well since the Winding Stair expedition was such a success I have decided to make a monthly caching expedition and invite my fellow cachers to go too. For those who may be interested this is how it will work. I will select a cache as the main objective of the trip. This cache will most likely be a remote cache that will require a hike to get to. Once the main goal has been accomplished then I will proceed to search for other caches in the area. The other caches will hopefully be close enough togather to offer the oppertunity to maximize the caching experience. Although high numbers of caches in ther area is a plus it is not a requirement. The location and difficulty of the main goal will dictate how many, if any, other caches will be sought after. It is possible that the expedition will only go after one cache.

As soon as I decide which cache to go after I will try to contact the cache owner or someone from the general area to link up with. With their help I will decide meeting places and other logistical issues.

March's expedition will take place March 24, weather permitting. If interested then post here.

Cya on the trail.

Phantom_491 Guest
    Dang it. I really wanted to go on this one. However MOGA is that weekend and I've already paid the registration fee.

Oh well there's alwayenext time!

Cache hike

Enjoyed the last hike. I'll watch for your posts.

I will put in a request now to get off work for it. Sounds like everyone had a great time on the last trip. I wish I had gone.

Misty Guest
    I am new to caching & I was interested in finding different coordinates for Arkansas. Is there a link or something to help me out? Please help!
    Misyt

flannelman Guest
    Hi Misty,

If you go to the geocaching web site then you should be able to search for caches by zip code, city, or state. Go to Geocaching.com

For the March expedition I have chosen Alum Cove, GCJ53N. I'll give out more details about times and meeting places in the next few days. You can visit thelink to see where the cache is and what it is all about.
    Alum Cove

I"m game since its up my way. Anyone want to ride with me from the fort just let me know.
    If your not living life on the edge your taking up too much space!!!!!!

flannelman Guest
    Is there anyone in the area of the cache that would like to help me with some logistical issues. We will need a place to meet that is easy to find, maybe a place to eat breakfast would be a good place to meet. Any info about the area would be useful.

Thanks.

Alum

If it works out, have friends in Walnut. Might stay there and come out of the valley to Deer the next morning. Will watch for your itenerary.

Q Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by flannelman
    Any info about the area would be useful
    There is a litle restuarant in Deer. We patronized the place when we were caching over there between Christmas and new year. Pretty sure they did breakfast. How many folks you figuriing will join in? They had room for 20 or 30 easy.