Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spammers

Q Guest

Spammers

I see some of those folks are poking in here. Just went thru an ever increasing rash of that on the AR Canoe Club board. The hook em ups and online pharmacies were bad enuff but soon after that came the pictures. I don't really know what my point is but to say sorry and thanks for your efforts to keep this cleaned up. ACC had to change the sign up method to try and stop some of it. A very reluctant step. Don't need that stuff in here.

flannelman Guest
    I can't stand spam!! Brings back bad memories from youth. I really hate to see that garbage here it is bad enough that my snail-mail, e-mail, and tv are covered up with it but now also the forums that I like to visit.

Moderate the spam out I say.

RugerPilot345 Guest
    I for one want to say thank you for everything you and the moderators do to keep this Forum going in the right direction and free of SPAM......they are persisitent.....kinda like chiggers .....keep up the great work!!

Cool!!

LongDogs Guest
    Unfortunately fighting the spammers is a constant battle. I've been banning several new spammer accounts per day recently, so if one slips through, please forgive me. Sometimes it isn't easy to tell some of the spammer accounts from real new user accounts until they actually post some spam. Other times they may join and splatter us with spam while I'm away from the computer. Please drop me a message if I overlook a spam message in one of the forums, and I'll take care of them.

LongDogs Guest
    It is getting worse, and the worst of it is from addresses belonging to the Asia Pacific Network Information Centre, so I've banned their entire IP address range. We'll see if that helps. I doubt we have any real users from Asia, but if anyone hears of members there who can't get in, let me know, and I'll work with them to clear their address.

Q Guest
    Seems like that is what the ACC guys said too. Once again, thanks so much for your troubles. Such a shame to have to go thru such measures just to have a junk free site,....other than the junk we post of course.

RugerPilot345 Guest
    LongDogs you are da man, you are da man, you are da man.......oppppssss is this considered spamming, ha ha......once thanks for your never ending work on this site so we can enjoy the fun of this great hobby!!

Cool!!

flannelman Guest
    Hey, thanks for dong the good work of keeping it out. Now if you'll just send me 49.99 I can guarntee that you will never have ear mites again!! Nor will you dog bite the postman, your fish won't lose his scales, and your bad credit will automatically be erased!!

Seriously, thanks for keeping this place as spam free as it is!!!

icetoad Guest

spammers!

Do they really think we're gonna look at their website, or buy their drugs? I don't even like drugs. My wife says it's hard enough to get me to take the ones i'm sposed to take. She has to hide em in my Spam-n-eggs.

So these must be live spammers, cause they get past the image. Glad they can't see my email addy...

You do a real good job of maintaining this forum.

Thanks

I move we offer a vote of confidence for the staff!!!!!

My next GeoCoin will have one reserved for you.

KD5JNL Guest
    test