Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Waymarking

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Flint Rock Hills,MO.
    Posts
    339

    Waymarking

    Hi all I'm back.
    I have started a New group at Waymarking.
    It is for Arkansas Historical Markers and Monuments.

    http://www.waymarking.com/groups/det...8-49553430fa78

    I am in need of some Officers from Arkansas so we can get the group going.

    Thanks for helping if you can.
    Just hit the join this group button if interested.

    Charles
    GEO*TRAILBLAZER 1

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Morrilton
    Posts
    327
    Geo,

    Perhaps you should post here exactly what you are joining when you join a group. What are the advantages of joining and what, if anything, will be expected of you.

    Inquiring minds want to know.

    Geezer


    Take time to smell the roses and love the grandkids.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Arkadelphia
    Posts
    144
    Hey Geo, went to the site, it looked great, clicked on the "Join the Group" button and got this message!!

    You are not authorized to view this page
    You might not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials you supplied.

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    If you believe you should be able to view this directory or page, please try to contact the Web site by using any e-mail address or phone number that may be listed on the www.waymarking.com home page.

    You can click Search to look for information on the Internet.




    HTTP Error 403 - Forbidden
    Internet Explorer

    Help me!!



    Cool!!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Arkadelphia
    Posts
    144
    Well Geo I did something and it worked and I am in, thanks!!



    Cool!!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Flint Rock Hills,MO.
    Posts
    339
    Quote Originally Posted by Geezer_Veazey
    Geo,

    Perhaps you should post here exactly what you are joining when you join a group. What are the advantages of joining and what, if anything, will be expected of you.

    Inquiring minds want to know.

    Geezer
    Well geezer,Waymarking is a branch of Geocaching.
    All those places that we can not place a physical cache can now be marked and logged (they are (GC's)answer for Virtuals).
    Categories are being created almost every day.

    I created the Missouri Historical Markers Group New Mexico and the Arkansas group being that I frequent both places and could not maintain physical caches in such diverse places and locations.

    I also had troubles getting approvals for much of them as well.
    No permits necessary for Waymarks.
    We also now have what is called the Groundspeak Portal,a link to both Geocaching and Waymarking in one place.
    See:
    http://portal.groundspeak.com/forums/default.aspx

    I like learning and helping others learn about History and those places that just can't be cached......

    Waymarks are a little more intellectual type hides and are awesome in my opinion,I have been there since its creation but was like many in that there was no link to geocaching,but that has changed and there are many great things in the works.

    I am also on the Board for the MAP Missouri Arkansas Planning Commission and we are looking into the many diverse ways to bring in tourism and deveolpment of all facets into the SW and NW part of ARK and MO.

    I (we) are also in the process of creating some Waymark GPS Games.
    Look forward to some new types of fun and adventure.

    You can also create(Premium Members of Geocaching)categories ...up to 10 per person of what you think might be a good one.

    To sum up all the advantages in one post is rather hard to do so I will do the best I can.

    It is not for everyone but once you start it is as adddddddiiiicccctttiiivvee good as geocaching.

    Officers help in approving and placing Waymarks that are submitted.
    We try to strive in having Quality Waymarks.

    Hope this answers a little of your Intriguing minds

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Flint Rock Hills,MO.
    Posts
    339
    Quote Originally Posted by RugerPilot345
    Hey Geo, went to the site, it looked great, clicked on the "Join the Group" button and got this message!!

    You are not authorized to view this page
    You might not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials you supplied.

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    If you believe you should be able to view this directory or page, please try to contact the Web site by using any e-mail address or phone number that may be listed on the www.waymarking.com home page.

    You can click Search to look for information on the Internet.




    HTTP Error 403 - Forbidden
    Internet Explorer

    Help me!!



    Cool!!
    You have to have an account there and your profile from GC follows you there.
    You also have to be signed in to get things to work correctly.
    Thanks for joining I sent you an e-mail.

    Charles
    GEO

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Morrilton
    Posts
    327
    Quote Originally Posted by GEO
    Officers help in approving and placing Waymarks that are submitted.
    We try to strive in having Quality Waymarks.
    The above statement is what I thought people might need to know. There are responsibilities. I guess you could join and never perform but I would not want to do that.

    The good thing is it is not necessary to join a group to place or log waymarks. I have placed waymarks in Little Rock, Heber Springs, Petit Jean State Park and at the Swinging on the Mulberry swinging bridge. There is some responsibility that goes with placing waymarks but not to the extent that there is with joing a group. I was invited to join the CCC group but did not want the responsibility of having to check the accuracy of waypoint information from possibly all over the U.S.

    I'm glad to see that you have started the Arkansas specific group. At my age I've got a lot more history than I have future. I enjoy reading history and will probably join your group.

    Geezer


    Take time to smell the roses and love the grandkids.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •