Thread: Cache at pinnacle mountain

jcblough Guest

Cache at pinnacle mountain

Can anyone tell me what procedure/process I need to go through to get a cache legally placed at pinnacle mountain? I"m thinking of doing a multi along the ouchita trail. . .

flannelman Guest
    You probably need to get with the park ranger or the visitors center there. I knoe there is a permit that needs to be obtained to place a cache in a state park so I'd say start with one of the park officials there at the park.

There are some caches on the moutain so you may ask the cache owner how they did it.

This is not good news. JC hiding a cache@pinnacle, this means trouble. I will contact the parks deptartment and tell them what a is wanting to place a cache in their nice park . JC you keep on placing them and I will keep on getting DNF's. Keep on caching and placing, you are doing great job.
    I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world.
    Thomas A. Edison

flannelman Guest
    I haven't looked for any of JC's caches. Are they that tough?? I hope so because I like a challenge!!

LongDogs Guest
    I've got one there (Fun with Fido). Just talk to one of the rangers. They're good guys and will be glad to help you out. They should have the forms in the office.

I currently have about 26 geocaches hidden in four different state parks, so I know the process well! You will need to get the park superintendent to approve your permit, and each superintendent is a little different in what they will allow and not allow.

The form you will need to complete for the state park permit is available on this website in the Downloads section under Forms. I thought a copy of the policy was there also, but I didn't see one. But I know the geocaching policy is available on the Arkansas State Parks website, so you should check there for "Do's" and "Don't's" before you submit your permit application. Good luck! -- ORR
    "Wildness is a necessity." -- John Muir

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." -- Steve McQueen