Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: meet and greet

Sylamore Guest
    Thanks again to Cupstack for getting this information to us. This pavillion looks to be in a good area. You'll find the area highlighted by a red box in the upper right of the map.
    He is also going to post information about Geocaching in general on the NLRPR.org website, along with info about our meet and greet.
    I also spoke with Garmin and Magellan this afternoon about getting information about their latest and greatest "caching" products and similar assorted material for display and what ever. Garmin Marketing is supposed to be gettting back with me, and Magellan kept telling me to "look at the website", so we'll see where that leads.

One thing we haven't brought up is food, a very important item where ever I may be. Does a general potluck/picnic type sound good to everybody? Or do we have a great BBQ chef lurking in our mist that would like to plan something?? Let me know what you think.
    Happy caching and stay safe,
    Sylamore

http://www.nlrpr.org/graphics/BurnsPark2.pdf

icetoad Guest

I was there today...

Found the pavillion, coordinates are...

N 34 48.108
    W092 18.011

well, that's the coordinates for the parking spot I was standing in.

I forgot to see how many grills are there. are we allowed to bring our own if we want?

Here is a good question "Why do another meet and greet 1 week after the one in clarksville?" We know everyone will be in clarksville on the week before. So again why not wait till May to do it. Just my .02 worth
    If your not living life on the edge your taking up too much space!!!!!!

Sylamore Guest

Do we want to change dates???

Do we want to postpone this until late May or so??
    Everyone let me know what you think.
    You can PM me or email at flightmedic@centurytel.net if you'd like also.
    Thank you,
    Sylamore

Lauri Guest
    I think it's a good idea -- so people who have to travel don't have to choose one or the other. And it means more geocaching fun spread out!!

cupstack Guest
    April 28th will be the only time I can get a large pavilion at Burns Park (all the larger pavilions are booked on Saturdays and Sundays from May until late summer). If the event is held at a later time, another venue will have to be found (unless a pavilion is not needed).

Sylamore Guest
    OK..........we're going to keep this event on the 28th. Cupstack has the pavillios for us from 10:00 until 4:00. After that we may have to vacate if someone else has it reserved, otherwise it's a first come/first serve basis (and hey.........it's nearly 1600 acres..we can always move to a shade tree). He also metioned a few "game" ideas that sounded good for all, does anyone else have anything they'd like to see?
    We'll also discuss a date for 2008 to allow everyone to plan ahead. There will be a city wide clean up during the first or second weekend of May next year, that would be a good time for a CITO event if everyone is interested.

icetoad Guest

question

is this an official arkansas geocaching association event? and where's the money going to come from for whatever cost is incurred. (meaning do i have to pay for the priviledge?)

cupstack Guest
    As far the rental of the pavilion - I am taking care of that and I will be able to provide a PA system.

Lauri Guest
    April will be quite a geocaching event month! Sounds fun, too. Whatever help you may need in a potluck, etc please let me know.