Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: meet and greet

nonnipoppy Guest
    There will be a cache event in Clarksville on April 21, 2007. It will be the fourth year for an event here.

icetoad Guest

Clarksville

But do I have to take the last train?

nonnipoppy Guest
    Nope nor do you have to seek the cache with the same name.

Sylamore Guest
    OK.....As we scoped out burns park, it appears to be a popular place. For us to reserve anything indoors, we should have done that over a year ago, and as far as outdoors, the pickings were slim, and the dates were even slimmer.
    We're leaning towards Shelby(?) Pavillion on April 28th. It's in the southeast corner of the park, and will hold about 200 people. There's a $75.00 non-refundable reservation fee that has to be paid, so if we need to make any modifications to this please let me know in the next day or two, otherwise we'll reserve it this wedensday.
    Does anyone have any suggestions as to what type of activities they'd like to see, or food?? And what about time of day? There are several caches already in place in the park. If anyone has any ideas, you are welcome to email me @ flightmedic@centurytel.net, or PM from here.
    I tried to paste a map from the website, but never could find one you could read, but I did copy and paste thier description of the park.
    Let me know what you're thinking and we'll proceed from here.

"Located on the north bank of the Arkansas River in the center of the state of Arkansas, it is served by five interstate highways: I-30, I-40, I-430, and I-440; and Highways 67/167 and 65. Our city offers delightful diversions, points of interest and plenty of Southern hospitality guaranteed to make your stay enjoyable. This site is designed to give you a sample of our exciting city.

You'll find great outdoors a plenty in our 1,575-acre Burns Park, one of the largest city parks in the nation. We have a movie star, the photogenic Old Mill, seen in "Gone With The Wind." There's a water theme park and metro pizzazz galore such as non-stop shopping at McCain Mall, the largest shopping center in central Arkansas, and Lakewood Village, McCain's glitzy neighbor. Specialty shops, antiques and restaurants are in abundance - North Little Rock has it all. And on the bank of the Arkansas River in North Little Rock is the ALLTEL Arena, central Arkansas' state-of-the-art center for sports and entertainment events."

icetoad Guest

Burns park...

When we first came to Arkansas we were homeless. I was transferring from the Gulf Coast after Katrina made it really cheap for me to move all our stuff. My company had an opening here and I jumped at the chance. Our first and only trip up here to find a place to live was to North Little Rock.

As all too often happens when the driver won't ask for directions we were able to do a bit of sightseeing before we found the hotel.

The first thing we really saw from outside the car was Burns Park. I was impressed. I have been impressed quite often since then.

I guess this is off topic, so go ahead and beat me up

I just wanted to say...

thanks everybody in Arkansas.

I'm so glad we moved here. I'm still being impressed every day...

Lauri Guest
    Sounds great! Calendar is marked!

Sylamore Guest

!!UPDATE!!

I just got off the phone with Cupstack who works for NLR Parks and Recreation, he has reserved the John Irvin pavilion for April 28 (Shelby pavilion is already booked for that weekend). He said he still needed final approval, but seemed to think we could be able to reserve this at no charge. He is going to email me a map, and get the cords for the pavillion on his way home tonite, so we should have those to send out or post soon. Just another example of the great people involved with this sport, and the people of the natural state.

naturalcachers Guest
    Sylamore, you rock!
    Thanks Cupstack!

Great to see things are coming together for this event. Fantastic job guys. I can hardly wait.

Phantom_491 Guest
    Unfortunately I won't be able to attend this event due to the fact that I'll be down in Alabama that weekend. Y'all have fun and I'll try to make the next one!!