Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: meet and greet

Sylamore Guest
    Lauri,
    I think we're just going to do it all "picnic" style. I don't think there will be any bears, but should you see Yogi, please report him to Ranger Smith ASAP OOOOOOOOO I crack me up sometimes. Sorry...to much coffee this morning.

Icetoad,
    This is a free event for all, Cupstack is taking care of Pavillion and PA system, and I'll cover other incidentals. We just want this to be a fun event for all.

naturalcachers Guest
    Can't beat a free pavilion! Thanks cupstack, you rock. Personally I'm out of pocket the weekend before so the 28th is perfect. I say potluck for the food, just post what you want to bring and how many are coming. I'll voluteer to do a teddy bear hide for any kids that are coming if I have a headcount a few days before. Looking forward to it!

Sounds like you all have it together. If nothing happens between now and then, I will be there. Thanks guys for all your hard work on this. Sounds like fun.

icetoad Guest

thanks in advance

the only thing that can keep me away is my leash, and if i bring her with me, that won't keep me away either

Okay, let me be the first to ask for help, who's gonna help me find caches that I can't find myself in burns park. Somebody who can walk slow enough not to kill me on the uphills...

oh yeah, and I need help getting that bayou cache. I almost lost my glasses peeking under the docks...

btw, i'm on vacation the next two weeks, and i've got weekends off, if you guys need any help with setting up games or whatever, i'm more than willing to be the pain in the neck that wants to help...

cupstack Guest
    I think the 'picnic' would be the best bet for this event since we will not be sure how many people will be coming. We will be posting this event at our community centers for those who want to find out more about geocaching.

I am working with other staff on getting some door prizes, etc. but if anyone can get some items that would be great too.

Question to anyone who can answer: I do not know all the ins and outs of how this organization got started - but what does it take to have an "official" Arkansas Geocachers Association event? What is the process to get it approved? - you can pm me if you need to.

icetoad - if you are in town, give me a call, if my schedule allows I will help (I too am fearful of losing my glasses in the bayou). As far as help getting 'games' together - give me a call (I will pm you my information).

I am looking forward to meeting all of you that can attend.

icetoad Guest

I wanna put a motion on the table...

I move we call it The First Annual Burns Park Cache Bash.

do I have a second?

cachecrazies Guest
    So glad the date wasn't changed on this event! We have to be in Little Rock that weekend anyway so this gives us the opportunity to make it a FUN weekend.

We'll watch for updates and watch for the event on gc.com.

Thanks for putting this on and let us know if there's anything we can do!

naturalcachers Guest
    i second the Burns Park Cache Bash

Entrio Guest
    HI Everyone.

I just registered with this Association and didn't realize that there was an event planned for April. It seems like a rather large one, but I've been talking with some LR locals about getting together this Saturday for breakfast (dutch) somewhere. Just an opportunity to meet some people and put some faces to some of the names. Don't want to step on any toes, but this is NOTHING in the scale of the bash in April.

Any concerns? Any ideas? I was just thinking about Community Bakery on Main and 630 around 8:00. Come and go (I'll hang around to meet folks).

Lauri Guest
    I'd love to stop by and meet some folks -- I live in Hot Springs but will be in LR for the Run For Their Lives 5k at 8am. I don't think I'll be free, however, until about 9:30. I'm also going to try and hit a few urban caches in LR after the race before heading back home.

Also, I third the name for the Cache Bash!