Thread: how friday caching went.

how friday caching went.

We went out caching in the ozark national forest north of Hector. We found two that day and looked for a few more that we could not find. We trid making it to the "blue hole" but never made it. Here are some pictures for your enjoyment. The river is the illinois Bayou. It was a great day to get out of work a little early to go get some geocaching in. We almost had to walk out when it got dark, but fortunately I told someone on the road earlier that we were stuck and they told some people in town and we got pulled out at the last minute. We already had our bag packed ready to go for a long hike back to hector(10+ miles). I guess I'll be saving for a winch soon! I got most of the jeep cleaned out and I can't wait to go geocaching again this comming weekend with my wife and dog!

Have a good week!

Q Guest
    Was there a cache in that hole? Seems you may be confusing cache hunting with your other hobby of boating. The river crossing looks familiar, there was only a trickle of water when I did it tho.

RugerPilot345 Guest
    Dang that looks fun....I used to own an old International Scout 4X4 and we would get it stuck and winch and work and get it out, and then fix a few things on it that we broke and back into the woods and do it again. ha ha!! Way too fun......I remember one time we got sutck adn started sliding and somehow got it wedged between two trees as tight as you have ever gotten it and we had to rig up a pull to winch directly sideways.....boy that vehicle popped and cracked and creaked but we finally got it out......thought we were going to end up cutting trees down that day.....ha ha too funny!!

Have fun and welcome to the geocaching world!!

Cool!!

mountainborn Guest
    Cool adventure ! Jeeps rule !

nettybug Guest
    Is your Jeep messed up from all the water?

cachemates Guest
    If you ever go on a caching trip with mountainborn and he says. Lets see where this little road goes......

flannelman Guest
    Man, thats a great photo!! Ya gotta be beyond crazy to do that!!