Thread: National Trails Day

National Trails Day

Hello Everybody

I was wondering if anybody is doing anything for National Trails Day. The events are scheduled for June 2. My family and I plan on attending the hiking event at Albert Pike Recreational Area.

The Ouachita National forest Centennial celebration is also scheduled for that day. Participants who complete their chosen event (bike ride, run, or hike)will receive a Ouachita National Forest patch. We really wanted to attend the event in Russellville coming up but can't make it.

I was thinking of doing an event in conjuntion with National Trails Day. I had thought about making it a CITO event at Mt Nebo State Park to help them with some trail maintenance. I am planning to hide some more caches around the Rim Trail to entice people to hike the entire trail. Although,I just got a promotion at work and we have the President of the company coming for a visit on June 5th so I don't know if I will be able to get off of work for the whole week before that. I will have to think about it a little more between now and then.

flannelman Guest
    This is actually the first I have heard of this. Sounds like a great way to get people out on the trails. Those trails at Albert Pike are really great!! There are some good caches in the area too.

polijn Guest
    Well, we're now planning on doing our CITO event on June 2nd, here at Lake Ouachita State Park. We'll be having plenty of trail hike stuff going on too. I'll have the event posted and waiting approval tonight, if everythign goes according to schedual.