Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Winding Stairs expedition!!

I know I'm not in the Southwest section, but after PMing with Flannelman, I have been assured that it's open to anyone. If nothing happens between now and then, I will definitely be there. Thanks flannelman for putting this together and hope to see you then.

flannelman Guest
    I know this cache doesn't get a lot of traffic and I thought this would be a good way to get out and hike an area that should be beautiful this time of year. What better way to geocache than with some friends!!

flannelman Guest
    We will meet between 7:30-8:00 am at Susie's Cafe in Glenwood, have breakfast, and then go for the winding stair cache and others. Hope to see ya there.

RugerPilot345 Guest
    Ya'll stay warm and safe and have lots of fun!!

Cool!!

Stairs

Feb 10th, 7:30, Glenwood, on the calendar. Can't wait.

Will be there on the 10th. Looks like it will be a great opportunity to see old friends.

flannelman Guest
    Ok the big day is here. We will meet in the morning at the Glenwood rest area just off Hwy 70. CacheMates has a cache there, "Take a Break" (GCPR16). It is a real head scratcher if you haven't found it!! We will meet between 7:30 and 8:00 am and then go to breakfast before heading out to Winding Stairs.

If you need some more info or need to contact me my cell is 501-984-3276.

Hope to see ya there!!

cachemates Guest
    Well, The Winding Stairs Expedition has come and gone. We had a good breakfast, said our hello's and had some good laughs then headed out for winding stairs.

I think everyone had a fun day and enjoyed the hike to the cache. It was a nice day for the hike in a scenic part of Southwest Arkansas with good friends.

Thanks flannelman for getting this expedition together and for all who come. For those who couldn't come to this expedition you missed a fun day. Maybe we can plan another one in another area soon.

The ones who made the hike were, flannelman, Rhone, SJClimber, rkl, mbl, Poppy, woodwalker9 and J of CacheMates.
    Thanks again everyone. Lets do this again.

flannelman Guest
    I want to also thank everyone who made it out for this expedition. It went better than I could have imagined. Thanks for placing some excellent caches in the area so that I would have an excuse to head down that way. I may try to make this a monthly event. Taking an expedition to a far off cache in search of lost treasures with a nice group of geocachers once a month wouldn't be so bad, would it?

Flannelman's Expedition Series #2 coming soon.

?Monthly event?

Yo flannelman. An easy excuse for a monthly hike would be to go after the State Park hides and maybe bundle surrounding caches for additional hunts?