Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Member Here!

New Member Here!

Howdy yall. Just thought I would say hello and let you get to know me some. My name is Jason and I live in Russellvile. I got a gps for christmas and I've been trying to go every weekend since then. My wife tried it too and she's hooked on it. Were always looking up new caches and unique places to find. I hope to meet some of you sometime.

Also, if you know of any caches that are only accessable via four wheel drive like a Jeep, please send me a pm or e-mail.

-Jason and Lisa

Cool! Great to have you here. Hope you enjoy being a part of ArkGeo!

What kind of GPS did you get?

Wayne
    I get my directions from above.
    View my profile

Q Guest
    Several in the Hector area are good hikes and/or small road caches. High creeks right now, good from the ACC angle tho , would make some pretty daring. Look up in the forest area. One on the east fork of Illinois B comes to mind. My Xterra impressed me as some of the roads we were on played down to more like 4 wheeler trails. I can get names later for you.

I'll agree with the area to my north has lots of great places to go caching. We've found several already in the Ozark national Forest. We even stayed a while at the overlook looking for the "Dover Lights". A couple weekends ago we went out caching in the rain (when all the flood reports were forcasted) We crossed several creeks that were very high. This also made the "forest roads" more challenging.

I know some of the trials that are marked as roads are more like four wheeler trails. My first cache I ever found was above hector called Buzzard Bluff. Very good Cache.

My gps I got was a gpsmap 60CS. My wife did a good job picking one of ebay. It works good and obtains satellite lock quickly. If in the open I can get an accuracy of +-3 feet.

cachemates Guest
    Welcome to ark geocachers.
    If you don't mind driving down to Polk County near Vandervort. Some call this the Arkansas Outback. Here is some caches you can use your Jeep to find. I would recommend letting someone know where you are going, cause you will have no phone service.
    Lock Yer' Hubs GCNY18
    Skid Mark Hill GCTCJP
    Rough Stuff GC TC91
    After you do these three I think you will remember the Arkansas Outback.
    Let us know how it goes.

Those look Awsome! Those are some fun logs to read, especially about the forest fire that destroyed "lock yer hubs" and took with it a yellow jeep travel bug. This same location has been closed by the NFS in a reclaimation project, but the other two my jeep is excited about. Also, that swimming hole makes me wish it was 90 degrees already and I was traveling down a dusty dirt road with the top and doors off with my wife and our dog Gizmo. I can't wait till spring and summer!

Keep those offroad caches comming.

Jason

Welcome and if you get to Fort Smith or Fayetteville feel free to call me for any help. Also WELCOME to our little CLAN!!!!!!!
    If your not living life on the edge your taking up too much space!!!!!!

How my latest trip turned out...We needed four wheel drive and a winch that we didn't have

http://arkgeocaching.org/modules.php...639b48bc79b6a9

RugerPilot345 Guest
    Enjoyed your pictures, looks like great fun.....keep the good times rolling!!!

Cool!!

Garyinbville Guest
    WOW, you are having way too much fun. I am very envious! Hope the cache was in a watertight container Welcome to Geocaching.