Thread: Caching D/FW

Phantom_491 Guest

Caching D/FW

Since I am going to be in the D/FW area for the OCB Event on Aug 14th, and we all know I can't go anywhere without hitting a few caches, I thought I might get some cache advice from some cachers who may have been in that area.

Are there any caches that you would highly recomend?

GEO Guest
    No.Haven't been that way yet and I have been looking for our 3000 mile trek this week,I am going west where you turn south,oh shucks.
    I found a few along the way and will update everyone when I return from the adventure.
    I have come across a couple of neat Benchmarks and Boundry Monuments I am going to get along with a cache nearby.
    I guess people do not hit the Benchmark button when they look at a cache page.
    Or am I just a BM-aholic???

Geezer_Veazey Guest

Dallas/Ft. Worth

I was in Dallas to visit my son a couple months ago and while there I did a search by zipcode Plugging in the zip code for downtown Dallas and limiting the results to a 20 mile radius. It seems to me there were over 800 caches, more that in the state of Arkansas again.

Phantom, my youngest son lives just west of Denton, which is a suburb of Dallas(just north). I just entered the zip code and it returned 1689 caches within 100 miles. There are 85 pages of caches. I went to the end of page 10 and I was only 25 miles out. From my zip code, at the middle of page 2 I'm 25 miles out. A cachers paradise. I may have to schedule a week to "visit" my son. Have fun.

My sister lives in Frisco I might have to go visit her and do some caching.
    If your not living life on the edge your taking up too much space!!!!!!

Phantom_491 Guest

Callin' da ArkGeo Hogs!!!!

D/FW Cache Blitz after the OCB Event Departing from Event location.

GOAL: As many caches in the D/FW area as possible (& to have fun too)

Let's show dem Texans (wait I am a Texan, LOL) how caching should be done.

Git 'er Done, Arkansas Style!!!!!
    Wooooooo Pig! Suuuueeeeeeeee!!!!!

nonnipoppy Guest
    The problem here is lots of caches or interesting ones.

For lots of caches HugoNaDie developed a great approach by mapping caches. He concentrated on areas that were densely cache populated. He would exhaust that area and drive to the next closest ignoring all caches in between. This will yield the maximum number of finds in the time you have to cache.

For sheer enjoyment of caches I recommend you look for caches by the following cachers. There are surely lots of others but these are quite inventive. You might see somethings you recognize.

9Key. Akulakat, SandBassKing and Hedge Hopper.

poppy

chili36 Guest
    I went about two weeks ago. I set my zip search on Irving and pulled 150 for my pocket query. There are several in Irving that are near some interesting artwork. The caches by geovamp are all interesting as well as challenging. I had an afternoon the cache while I was there and found about 15. I would have found more had the temps not been in the upper nineties and the humidity about 80%. I just finally ran out of steam and had to find something cool to drink.

One note. I use permanone on my socks when geocaching. Because I flew down and immediately started geocaching as soon as I picked up the car, I didn't treat my socks this time. The chiggers ate me alive.