Thread: Lewis and Clark caches

RuffRidr Guest

Lewis and Clark caches

So I was traveling from Sioux Falls, SD back to Arkansas yesterday and decided to do some caching along the way. After I hit Sioux City and down into Nebraska we came across a lot of Lewis and Clark caches. Most of the ones we did were by The Three Amigos. They had a pretty cool approach. Inside each of their ammo boxes was a laminated pamphlet. This pamphlet had quoted passages from the Lewis and Clark journals that described the area the cache was in. Then they also added some more history of the area and interesting tidbits. We ended up doing 5 of their caches on the way home. It was definitely an interesting history lesson.

Just thought I'd let you all know to look out for those caches, in case you were going to be up in that area. Also, does anybody else have some cool L & C caches to check out?

--RuffRidr

GEO Guest
    We are trying to get a National Signature Geocaching Event hapening,thes would be great to add to a list can you give a waypoint or a link to which one's they were.

I would really appreciate it.

That sounds like a great Idea.
    If your not living life on the edge your taking up too much space!!!!!!

RuffRidr Guest
    Here are the ones I did:

L&C Sergeant Floyd River Museum
    L&C State Park at Onawa
    L&C Mouth of the Platte
    L&C "Chauvin"-Hamburg-McKissock

The user that set them up has a ton more of them that we didn't get a chance to do. You can see the rest of them under their profile.

--RuffRidr

GEO Guest
    Thanks.
    I got the forumpost from pandybat saying something about having a National Geocaching event.
    I posted to the Groundspeak forum but no one has answered yet.
    They were looking for different groups to get together and do something and this what my idea was.