Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anybody having trouble logging in?

Anybody having trouble logging in?

I registered on this site earlier today and logged on with no problem. Now, I opened the page again and tried to sign on, but I can't. Is anybody else having this same problem? I tried deleting the cookies for this page, but it doesn't seem to have helped.

--RuffRidr

southdeltan Guest
    The site does use cookies to keep you logged in. My first suggestion would have been to delete them and/or make sure you have your cookie settings low enough that you can use the website (or add the arkgeo cookie to your list of allowed cookies).

Since you already covered that - check the date on your pc. I accidentally set mine forward and it kept logging me back out, til I realized what the problem was (it was so far ahead in the future the cookie wouldn't work).

southdeltan

LongDogs Guest

Login problem

I've had one other person report a login problem, but when he contacted me and we tried to troubleshoot it we could not make it happen again.

What happens when you try to log in? Invalid user warning, or something else?

I've had some problems, too. Didn't say anything, cuz I figured it was just me. Here are my symptoms: Often, when I try to login, I enter my username, password, and code and it just takes me to the profile page, but does not log me in. I don't get any kind of error or message, it just doesn't login. This happened to me earlier this evening. I tried for about 20 minutes to login, deleted cookies, reboot, etc. to no avail. Came back in about an hour and it let me login. Not sure I can reproduce this problem, though. Once I get logged in, the cookie seems to be working. Southdeltan, are you logging in from different machines?
    I get my directions from above.
    View my profile

RuffRidr Guest
    I was logging in from different machines, with different IP addresses, all to no avail. I left it alone for a few hours, and now I can log in OK. Weird. By the way, I was seeing the exact same thing as Gaddiel. It would take me to my profile page, but it would say my status was offline. Anyway, probably something to keep an eye on.

--RuffRidr

LongDogs Guest
    Must be a bug in this version of PHP-Nuke. I'll check their forums for fixes, etc.

southdeltan Guest
    This problem hasn't happened to me on this (www.arkgeo.us) website. It happened to me once or twice on my work PC but not on my home PC (I keep logged in at work and home). I realized that the date on my computers clock got messed up and that was what was causing the problem.

If the date of your computer is too far ahead or behind the date of the cookie it won't log you in. My work computer is on a network that seems to automate the PC's time (every time you reboot it) so I didn't realize the problem.

It's happened to me a few times but since I've figured out the cause it hasn't happened again

I'd bet money that it's cookie and/or time related.

LD - try checking the Geommunity - there's a thread from when I had the problem. I didn't look for a Php-Nuke 6.9 fix because that's the same version everybody else is running and nobody else has had the problem - or at least nobody ever complained about it.

southdeltan

LongDogs Guest

Login Problems

I've patched the site with the latest patches for PHP-Nuke 6.9. Let me know if this fixes your problems, or if you are still having difficulty.

We also had a domain related sign-up issue over the past 24 hours due to a problem with our domain registrar.

If you have any problems using
    http://arkgeo.us
    then try using
    http://drakedev.com/arkgeo

RuffRidr Guest
    I forgot to put in my last post that I checked the time as well. The computer I was logging on with at work updates its time via an atomic clock server. So I know that one is dead on accurate. I checked the time and date on my home computer and it was within' a minute or two of being correct.

Anyway, I don't seem to be seeing the problem anymore.

--RuffRidr

LongDogs Guest

Logins fixed?

I believe that login and account creation related problems have been fixed by the site move. If anyone is still having any problems, please let me know.