Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NEWBIE here

ArkieGC Guest

NEWBIE here

Hi, I am new to geocaching. Absolutely new.. I have never done any geocaching but have always had an interest to start.. Where do I start??
    I am in the Hot Springs, AR area..

cachemates Guest
    Welcome to geocaching. When we first started geocaching there were only a couple of active geocacher from the Hot Springs area, Now there are several new cachers from Hot Springs with new caches to find.

The cachers on this forum will help you with any question you might have. Don't be afraid to ask. If we can be of any help just let us know.
    Just pick you out an easy cache and go for it.
    Have Fun.

ArkieGC Guest

caches?

Where do you post the caches?
    I have been surfin the site and I have not been able to locate the list of operating caches...
    OK,,OK
    I found some listing in the state parks thru links.....

cachemates Guest
    ArkieGC
    Go to www.geocaching.com, you can type in your zip code or select state and city. The caches are rated by difficulty and terrian, with 1 star being the easiest 5 stars being the most difficult. I am assuming you have a GPSr. Enter the posted Co-ordinates into your GPSr for the caches you want to hunt. Print out the cache pages for your selected caches. If you need a hint to find the cache when you get to the cache site, usually one is listed in the cache description, but not always. I probably have left some important information out, but maybe this will help you get started.
    I remember when we first started caching, I had a ton of questions. Anytime you have a question someone on this forum will probably know the answer. I have questions myself from time to time.
    Hope this helps.

RugerPilot345 Guest
    Welcome on board ArkieGC, I am normally in Arkadelphia but temporarilly in Kuwait......but from what I know and have experienced you are talking to a great guy in CacheMates and they will lead you right every step of the way. The GeoCache website will answer all your questions and hang on because it is a great, fun interesting hobby and I think you will really enjoy it. I sure do, have fun and stay active on the Forum Boards, lots of great folks here.....some a little different but hey we all have our oddities, ha ha!!

Cool!!

ArkieGC Guest

tryin

Hay thanks for the info.
    I don't even own a GPS yet,, but I am starting by finding some benchmarks for now.. I picked out 3 I was gonna work on today but got busy with some other things and never got started.. I got the directions and maps layin in the truck so I will go at it when time allows..

ArkieGC Guest

valadating??

I have gone to geocaching.com
    Signed up and logged in...
    But I can't access anything because it says I need to validate,,, but they haven't sent me the email with instructions or code to validate...
    Any ideas??

RugerPilot345 Guest
    Just be patient, it will come soon. I remember how I had to wait and finally I went to bed woke up the next morning and it was there, ha ha too funny!! Once you get logged in and validated just have a blast working your way through the site. It is a wealth of info and the more you read the info and the forums the more you will get it. It is a blast. Good luck and hope to meet you on the trail one day!!

Cool!!

Welcome
    If your not living life on the edge your taking up too much space!!!!!!

RugerPilot345 Guest
    ArkieGC did you get the validation link, are you up and running now??

Cool!!