Thread: Photoshop Do you know where to buy it right?

nonnipoppy Guest

Photoshop Do you know where to buy it right?

In order to edit and manipulate some Geo-photos along with some non Geo-photos we have been tinkered with an idea to purchase PhotoshopCS2.

Does anyone have any recommendations on where to purchase this so that the price does not have such an impact on our budget?

Thanks......poppy

According to geo-j, who is working on a professional photography web site, trial version can be downloading from Adobe. Purchasing from Adobe is around $650 (gulp). They have a Beta version of Photoshop CS 3 and Adobe Light Room. Light Room will probably be released in the next month or so and should be cheaper, but he doesn't like it as much. CS 3 available in the next 6 months or so. Email him with more opinion questions. I am the techno challenged. (As if you didn't know.)

Geezer_Veazey Guest
    Poppy, have you considered Photoshop Elements? It has most of the features found in Photoshop but at a much lower price. You might want to pin down exactly what you want to edit/manipulate and find out if Elements will handle it.

Geezer

I use a very old version of Photoshop that came free with my camera and have never felt the need to get anything fancier. I can edit everything down to the pixel level with free software so why pay for the pricey stuff.

Check out tucows.com and look for the freeware section. You can also do a search for Kim Komando's website. She's a radio host that specializes in computer issues and keeps a lot of freeware/shareware links on her website to some pretty good stuff.

David Mc

That's true for me, as well. I use a program called Gimp that is free. While I don't do any heavy-duty image manipulation, this one satisfies my needs very well... I guess it all depends on what kind of editing you would like to do...

Wayne
    I get my directions from above.
    View my profile

Geezer_Veazey Guest
    Poppy, you'd better stay away from Photoshop. You'll find yourself manipulating avatars.

Geezer

nonnipoppy Guest
    I noticed that avatar tonight Geezer. At this moment the new camera and Photoshop have me overwhelmed. I doubt that I will ever get that far but who knows?.....poppy

Ok Geez, that is hilarious - once again you're showing us your true self?

Geezer_Veazey Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by topkitty98
    Ok Geez, that is hilarious - once again you're showing us your true self?
    TK, I just noticed that your log ended with a question, so I guess I'm obliged to answer. No, that is not my true self. All the grandkids under 12 years old had never seen me without a beard, so now I am clean shaven. Plus, I haven't smiled since 2003 - when I first started geocaching with 83 straight DNFs. The first time out I went with DEEZER; he found 12, I found zilch. The second time out I went alone. I got into the woods and heard a muffled voice coming out from under a little pile of sticks and leaves beside a log, saying "WHEEERRREEESSS DEEEEZER".

Sad.