Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hot Springs area geocachers meet and greet.

flannelman Guest

Hot Springs area geocachers meet and greet.

I have been kicking around the idea of having a Hot Springs area geocachers meet and greet. This would not be a formal event posted on GC.com but just a get togather of area cachers. There are several new cachers around Hot Springs a I though it would be a good idea to get acquainted with each other. I'm looking at early to mid December at a local restaurant like Cracker Barrel or Ryan's. I want to leave it open for suggestion at this time though just to see how much interest there is. I'll probably have a couple of ammo cans of swag for door prizes but nothing elaborate. If we make it a breakfast deal then those who wish could make a cache run while in the area. There it is. I'll wait for some feedback and then see where to go from there.

Miam Guest
    I would be interested in a get together with Geocachers, I'm new and am looking to hear from those who are in the know. Would like to learn from those with experience. Keep us posted on your plans.

cachemates Guest
    Sounds like a great idea. We had to miss the meet and greet at Mt Harbor so we are looking forward to this one. If we can help in any way just let me know. I suggest Cracker Barrel because that would give us (Ark Geocachers) a chance to ask for permission to place a cache there. Cracker Barrel restaurants all across America have caches placed there, Why not Hot Spring?

cajunbat Guest
    im in...as long as work allows...I can also get deals on hotel rooms and get us dinner at a reduced rate at a local resturaunt....if you want/ think of anything else that may be needed I may be able to make it happen!!! Just let me know!

flannelman Guest
    Hey cajunbat, I think this is going to be more of a local event, but if someone wants to get a room then they could get with ya on that. I don't really have any planned events that would require an overnite stay.

Throw out some restaurant ideas and also which would be better, breakfast, lunch, or dinner.

What I would like to do get the area cachers togather to put names with faces and to talk caching. I will have a couple of ready to stash caches that everyone can throw their name in a hat for as door prizes(number of cache kits depends on the number of attendees) but beyond that I don't really have anything planned. Depending on the time we meet, I may organize a cache run.

This is still in the early stages of planning so any suggestions are welcome and encouraged.

Thanks for the offer on the discounts too.

I'm in. If there is anything I can do just let me know.
    If your not living life on the edge your taking up too much space!!!!!!

cajunbat Guest
    Just to throw my other 2 cents in Sunday afternoon or evening would be better for me and everyone that I actually know irl around here that does the Geo.....

Lauri Guest
    Well, as a very new geocacher (ok, ok, I haven't even started yet, but a friend in California has been encouraging me to do it for a couple of years and I'm going to buy a gps unit this week and try to find some caches over T'giving weekend) -- I would love to meet some other newbies and vets alike in Hot Springs.

For me, I have a typical 8-5 M-F work schedule. Only Monday nights are totally out during the week.

flannelman Guest
    Keep the input coming!! In the next couple of weeks I'll have the plans a little more solid.

flannelman Guest
    Ok. I'm looking at December 17th for the meet and greet. This is a Sunday afternoon. I would like to meet at Cracker Barrel at about 4pm. I plan on having some stocked ammo cans to give away. If you guys like this idea then I'll post an event cache so you all can log it.

Thanks for any input you may have.