Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Merry Christmas

Q Guest

Merry Christmas

Wishing all of you the best holidays. And may your new year be full of blessings. Thanks for all the help getting a newbie educated and started.

Clif

flannelman Guest
    Merry Christmas to you to Q!! And Merry Christmas to all my geocaching friends.

Merry Christmas to you too Q and flannelman as well as all of my other geo caching friends. As the year draws to a close I would like to take this opportunity to thank all of you for your support of this wonderful sport. All I do is go looking for geo caches and occassionally hide a few but there are people working in the shadows all the time trying to improve geo caching in Arkansas and continually move it forward. There are entirely too many to try to list each one but you know who you are and you are appreciated. As I read over forums of the past year there have been disagreements and arguments over this and that but just like in any family that is to be expected. May 2007 find us all joined together to continue to make geo caching in Arkansas the best around. A Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to the entire geo caching community.
    Sayitagain

nonnipoppy Guest
    As this day draws to a close we wish each and every one of you a most joyful and blessed Christmas accompanied a bountiful New Year. Our best wishes to all......nonni and poppy

Rusty_da_dog Guest
    Well, since I am going to be heading to Conway here before too long and I may or may not have internet access there, May everyone have a very Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year.

Cya on the trails,
    Rusty

mountainborn Guest
    MOUNTAINBORN CHRONICLES
    December 24th, 2006
    SMOKE

Slowly, slowly, ever so slowly the light gray smoke wafted up from the chimney above the roof of the cabin. Set in very large oak hardwoods, the cabin was somewhat low roofed and close to the ground. It was the way Ouachita Mountaineers had built many years ago, making the cabin easy to heat. To the experienced Mountaineer it meant that someone was at home, that the fire was being tended, and that the cabin was warm enough to suit the occupants, for the wood stove had been shut down very low. The cabin was a bit hard to see, the way it was kind of “nestled” in the trees, making it look as if somehow it just naturally belonged there.
    The air in the high mountain pass was so still that the plume of smoke rose straight up until it cooled enough to gradually disappate into the gray haze of evening.
    A single light burned in the kitchen window, a CHRISTmas candle. It obviously had meaning for those that lived there.
    Smiling to himself as he gathered up a arm load of firewood, enough to make the night on. He had checked the kennel. The hunting dogs had plenty of fresh water, the feeders were full, and the bedding was fresh. The yard was full of vehicle tracks. Tracks made mostly by mud grip equipped pickup trucks, with an occasional car’s narrower track amongst them. The smile was prompted by his memory of the visitors of the past two days. There had been old military friends, kin folks from outlying countys, Daughters, Sons, grandkids and on and on. It was as if they had been drawn to this humble, old cabin in the forest by something. He did not have to think long to know exactly what it was. The fellowship shared by the common daily experiences of life in the Ouachita Mountains.
    As he carried the wood into the cabin, the warmth and aroma of the CHRISTmas ham they had shared still lingered in the air. A light wood smoke scent was there as he placed an extra stick of wood on the fire. Smiling at his wife they sat before the fire and chatted about the events and the visitors. About how the children had grown and other events of the festive meals.
    Outside a quiet and calm was settling over the high mountain pass, the hunting dogs in the kennel gave a few “booger barks” at a distant howling coyote, before settling in for the night.
    It was CHRISTmas eve and all was well in the Ouachitas.
    Merry CHRISTmas,
    from Mountainborn & Butcherknife
    l _____
    /l ,[____],
    l—L –OlllllllO-
    ()_)–()_)—-)_)

mountainborn Guest
    Oops, duplicate post !
    Merry CHRISTmas !

Team_Pink Guest
    I'm sitting here watching an HBO special on teenagers with severe brain injuries due to automobile accidents where alcohol is involved. Our family has been very fortunate this year. Even though we lost a young loved one this year, we have also had a couple of new births and have many things to be thankful for.

God bless you all and best wishes from tech_guy, the missus, and Mya.

Mike, Donna, Mya Pinkston

5beavers Guest
    Best wishes to all.
    May your thoughts be of micro's
    and your hearts full of cheer,
    for it is the best time of the year.

We hope all of the cachers and everyone else a MERRY CHRISTMAS.

I want to add my wish to geocachers everywhere for a very

MERRY CHRISTMAS

and a prosperous and happy new year.