Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Proposed ArkGeo Bylaws

Team_Pink Guest
    I was listening to Cokie Roberts on NPR the other day. Both of her parents were involved in politics. She was talking about the new congress and she recalled a story of her dad taking her to where he worked. She recalled how her dad and his collegues from across the isle would fiercely debate an issue and then go eat dinner together afterwards. She said her dad told her our government has lost this ability. I don't know about you but I think that is a shame. Why would it be a bad thing to debate something as fundamental as bylaws? It would easy to conform to what appears as popular opinion. What's right is not always easy, and what's easy is not always right.

mountainborn Guest
    [quote=ar_kayaker]
    Quote Originally Posted by "arkansas_stickerdude":32d47uy1
    Ar_kayaker there is not enough of a meeting place and we could never get everyone together and the right time for something like that. Its hard enough getting the 5 of us together.
    There isn't enough meeting space for the general membership to read the SC forum? Who said anything about a physical meeting? Hello, get with the information age. Notice this message board we are all on? Ever hear of minutes of the meeting? Sunshine Laws?

You sound like the mayor when I talked to him one day. I raised some concern about getting information out to the public and he said everyone should show up at the city council meetings if they wanted to have input, as if he expected all 30,000 people in town to try and fit in the meeting hall.

ACC Board meetings are open to all 1000+ members and are held in a physical location, so there is no real reason this club can't do the same with less than 500 user names logged into the message board with probably far less than half that being real people.

David Mc[/quote:32d47uy1]
    >?>?>?>?>?>?>?>?>?>?>?>?>?>?

OKC_Nightcrawler Guest
    Just a comment from an outsider peeking in. This seems like a whole lotta work just to play a game. I can see a need for organization when planning events. But that's it. I think this quote sums it up best:

Lostmontanan
    PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 3:45 pm Post subject:
    If you don't like it, don't participate. It's that simple. Why has this become a 3 page thread? Rolling Eyes

Re: Proposed ArkGeo Bylaws

Quote Originally Posted by ArkGeo_Committee
    Voting on this issue will remain open for 60 days.
    The proposed bylaws were posted on Dec. 13, 2006. By my accounting, 60 days ended on Feb. 11, 2007 (yesterday). So what were the voting results? -- ORR
    "Wildness is a necessity." -- John Muir

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." -- Steve McQueen

There will be an announcement soon.
    I get my directions from above.
    View my profile