Thread: Jonesboro area caches

Rick618 Guest

Jonesboro area caches

I folks! I head to AR for duck hunting and stay around the Harrisburg and Wiener area. I plan on hitting some caches in the area and have seen several in Jonesboro.

One that I did look for that has 7 others watching it is at the Nature Center, neat place btw. but a DNF for me. Does anyone know if that one still there? GCQNZW

Recommendations on must do caches while in Jonesboro or surrounding area?

Rick618,
    Welcome to Arkansas geocaching. There are some great caches in and around the Jonesboro area. If you have time, head north to Paragould and do the Seven Tools of the Bandit caches. They are a hoot. Also, if you make it to Walnut Ridge, you have to do "Mission Improbable". A fantastic multi that will make you glad that you stuck it out. There are several around Waldenburg and Harrisburg also. If you go south to Wynne, check out the ones in Village Creek State Park. A must do there is "Cache Fishing", a fantastic hide.
    Hope you enjoy your stay in Arkansas and can come back and see us again soon.

woodwalker

jennac75 Guest

Nature Center

The one at the Nature Center is still current. The Arkansas Game and Fish Commission maintains that geocache.

Rick618 Guest
    Two different caches.

GCQNZW Nature Center Cache This cache is currently archived and was the one at the Nature Center under the stairs.

GCV1H1 Forrest L. Wood Crowley's Ridge Nature Center and was placed about a month after the previous cache was archived.

Be up there tommorrow, to do a big run.
    AR-HICK
    I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world.
    Thomas A. Edison

Rick618 Guest
    It'll be during duck season, sometime in Novemeber before I head back out that way.