Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thankful

cachemates Guest

Thankful

This week we found out that Mrs Cachemate ( Bonnie ) has breast cancer. It has been a tough week for us waiting on the results of the test. Yesterday she met with her doctor and he gave her some good news.
    He told her it was the non-invasive kind of cancer and it would not spread to other parts of her body. We were relieved to hear that.

She will have surgery next week as an outpatient and come home the same day. She will have five radiation treatments a week for five weeks and that should take care of it. I know some of you already know this and have been praying for Bonnie. We thank you for that. Continue to do so.
    God Bless all of our Geocaching friends.

PS. For all the Ladies who read this Do not put off your yearly examination, Bonnie put hers off for three years. It could have been much worse.

You are precious, special people and the God we serve triumphantly is so good!

So happy for you guys.
    >^..^<

cachecrazies Guest
    Jerry & Bonnie - thanks so much for letting us know what's happening! Of course we'll be thinking of both of you and waiting for the day that this will be "in the past" for you! We don't have a doubt that everything will be fine - can't wait to go caching together again! It's going to be a long few weeks - but it will be worth it to have Bonnie well again!

P.S.

Wanted to tell you that my Mom was the longest survivor at the Relay for Life this year - 30 years! So Bonnie has a lot to look forward to! Check the Relay teams in your area! It's a great thing & lots of fun!

My wife (ddkds) and I will keep you in our prayers. My wife has a sister that is a breast cancer survivor and we don't know anyone that breast cancer has not affected them in some way or another. If there is anything else we can do let us know.

paris1time

RugerPilot345 Guest
    Jerry sorry to hear about the medical news but very glad that it is non-invasive.....I will praying for you and Bonnie. Even though we have not personally met I already know you......hang tough!! My mom had breast cancer years ago and survived it and came out great.....the new procedures and treatment are outstanding, please keep us updated.

Joe

flannelman Guest
    I'm so sorry to hear of this but I know you will pull through it well. You will be in our prayers, and we will be believing for a full and speedy recovery.

Jerry and Bonnie,

You guys are very special to us. I'm glad that you let us know so that we can have a chance to help. You can be sure that you are both in our prayers. Specifically, we are praying for Bonnie's healing and that your family will know God's comfort and peace.

Looking forward to seeing you both again soon!

Wayne & Melody
    I get my directions from above.
    View my profile

I lost a Grandmother to breast cancer many years ago. Thankfully they've made a lot a progress in treatment, but still have a ways to go. We're thinking of you and will keep you in our prayers.

Hope to get some more of your great log entries soon.

Rich and Carla
    "Honey, we're not normal people. We're the Griswolds. "

Cachemates I hate to the good and bad news. My step-mom had this also and had surgery a year or so ago and she is doig great. Good luck and we will be thinking about you.
    If your not living life on the edge your taking up too much space!!!!!!

cachemates Guest
    Thanks to everyone for your concern, and for your post. We have both enjoyed reading each one.
    Bonnie's surgery was this morning and everything went well. We had to be at outpatients at 5:30 this morning. When we were walking in, I said that looks like woodwalker9 red truck. She told me that Ford made more than one red truck, that it was probably not his.

We were both pleasantly surprised when we got inside, woodwalker was the first person we saw. We did not expect anyone to be there, but I have to say seeing Pat there sure made the day of Bonnie and myself.
    Having Pat there to talk to while Bonnie was in surgery made it not seem so long.

Bonnie's niece is a nurse there in the outpatient, so Bonnie got the red carpet treatment today. Now for the five weeks of radiation treatment.

I remember when Grandkid 38 had the event at burns park, we kind of wanted to go but we were not sure. We wondered what kind of people are Geocacher anyway. I'm glad we went, because now I know what kind of people Geocachers are. They are very kind, caring and great people.
    Who would have ever thought buying a GPS and looking for tupperware and Ammo boxes in the woods would have led to so many good friends.
    Thanks to all of you.
    I think woodwalker deserves the FTF on this one.