Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: How Did You Choose Your Username?

Nothing special for me. When I first signed up for an email on the internet, many years ago, MBell was taken and so I added my zip code. Never seem to have a problem signing up with that name on anything. Since then I do use my amateur radio call (K5JMB) on some things, since nobody else in the world will have that one.
    I have only been caching since November '05 and love the:
    A. Sport
    B. Hobby
    C. Addiction
    D. All of the above.
    Answer: ____
    Enjoyed all the new friends I have met and hope to meet more or you.
    ps. I hope to "seed" more hides at Fort Chaffee this fall! LOL
    Mike

So why does your avatar have a blind fold?

Hey from Jacksonville -- topkitty98 aka KD5OGP
    and geo-j aka KD5IJY

KTrentLR Guest
    Hello everyone - Just getting started here thanks to Maumellean.

This is the same nickname I've used since back in the BBS days (before the internet - wow). Used to simply use Trent, but added the K and LR when I moved to Arkansas. (Although I live in Maumelle.)

KTrent (King Trent) is a character from the Xanth novels by Piers Anthony.

As for my avatar, I have three killer Chihuahuas !!

Quote Originally Posted by KTrentLR
    KTrent (King Trent) is a character from the Xanth novels by Piers Anthony.
    Welcome KTrentLR! I'm a Xanth fan, too. I have the whole collection!

By the way, I'm loving these stories about usernames. Keep 'em comin'!
    I get my directions from above.
    View my profile

nidomio Guest
    NidoMio has been my email handle for eons. Since I'm a wildlife rehabilitator, I wanted something that had to do with my work. i also speak Spanish fluently, so I chose a name in Spanish.
    Nido = Nest Mio = Mine The end result is NidoMio (My Nest). The animals in my care stay at my nest (My "crib") for R&R until they've recovered. Check us out - www.hawkcenter.org

Lynne - NidoMio
    London, AR

theflyingburritos Guest
    My husband and I (along with another Fayetteville couple) opened a couple of restaurants called The Flying Burrito Company. So, "theflyingburritos" just seemed like a natural choice for our name. I'm the main cacher in my household, but I use that name whether I'm caching by myself or have my husband and two boys along for the adventure.

Lauri Guest
    I don't think you could get more boring than mine -- la-in-ark. But there is a small little twist there. L.A. are my initials and also I'm from Los Angeles. I just moved to Arkansas in late 2005. So it's also a play on a sort of "stranger in a strange land" kind of thing -- the L.A. girl living in the south.

RugerPilot345 Guest
    How cool, isn't it funny how we all go about choosing names.....I used to be Seadoo60.....because I loved Seadoos and no I was not 60 but maybe born in 1960, ummmmm maybe, ha ha!! But I sold the Seadoos and grew up some more and well now I am RugerPilot345.......I am a pilot and I love to shoot pistols and I own a Ruger P345 pistol, so RugerPilot345......oh well not too exciting, ha ha!!

Cool!!

Mine is really a creative wonder. First letter of my first name and first 4 letters of the last.

I can't believe this thread is 2 and a half years old and I haven't replied yet

I was telling a friend at work about our vacation plans the summer before we found Geocaching, and he said I planned a trip like Clark Griswold. Well it's true. I'll spend 50 weeks a year planning a vacation for the other two weeks. We think getting there is half the fun and enjoy driving much more than flying.

Since our family makeup matches that of the movie Griswolds, we thought it was a perfect fit. We have tried to live up to our name and have found caches in 24 states, Washington DC, Mexico, Canada and the Cayman Islands. Looking to add Jamaica in the Spring and five more states this summer.
    "Honey, we're not normal people. We're the Griswolds. "