Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How Did You Choose Your Username?

cachemates Guest
    When we found our first cache we were excited about it and in a hurry to get it posted, and thought of several names most were already taken so we just went with our first names. Then after we found a few caches, Abby (10yrs) wanted to go with us so we added her name. She calls us Mimi and Pee Paw, we may change to that someday. Abby likes Sponge Bob so you can guess who picked that.

cachecrazies Guest
    WHOO HOO! Chili36 - we gotta get together at an event so you can cook us up some of your chili! We love chili (1/2 of the crazies came from New Mexico) and would love to try yours!

I have my own business in Arkansas which is a window sticker business for car dealers and I am male. This is how I came up with Arkansas Stickerdude. When the family is with me it is Arkansas Stickerdude and Family.
    If your not living life on the edge your taking up too much space!!!!!!

LadyEngineer Guest
    Well, I'm female and an engineer. Since I actually signed on to gc.com for professional reasons I didn't think Tink or Tinkerbell or Pixie was appropriate. Thus, LadyEngineer.

Pixie with a tude is a better fit. As my husband.

nonnipoppy Guest
    Our first born grandchild was just arrived. Nonni was deep into thought of what she wanted us to be called by her. When I ask what she thought it was an easy decision for her. Poppy was in a weak moment. But she sure is grand and can now say Pop Pop Pop....poppy

chili36 Guest
    Cachecrazies. I haven't cooked chili in a competition in over a year. Backpacking and geocaching take enough of my time. However, I am planning on doing a few this fall. I will let you know when there are any in the area.

rock_hound Guest
    At the time we got into geocaching I had just passed my professional geolgist test. I bought a GPSr and got into geocacheing as a diversion/reward for passing the test and getting registered. My wife and daughter also love to collect rocks while out hiking and cacheing. They help me keep my skills sharp by asking lots of questions about what each rock is and how it formed.

LongDogs Guest

My name

I can chime in on this one, but for me it is pretty obvious from my avatar. If you take a look at LongDogs.net you can see the rest of the canine parts of the team.

When my family is with me, we're Team LongDogs. My oldest son has dubbed himself LongDogsIII. (Still don't get the III, but I don't try to fathom the mind of a teenager anymore.)
    [/url]

DaisyButton Guest

How I got my name

Well... my hubby and I are the proud parents of two boys and three weenie dogs. We've always been a little nuts for our dogs... They have their own web site... So... he became LongDogs... when the boys are with him its Team LongDogs.... But being the only female on the team I wanted a diff name to give me individuality! LOL So , as my country primitive craft business is called http://www.TheDaisyButton.com I became DaisyButton I picked Daisy Button as the name of my business because I love Daisies, as Meg Ryan says in you've got mail "Daisies are the friendliest flower!" and I'm an avid hobby flower gardener... , so it just seemed to fit! Probably more than you wanted to know. My avatar is the Daisy I use in my business logo and as my avatar on my crafting forums.

BACKPACKNJACK Guest
    Just too slow to get the good ones You guys already got um
    Well, there were a few left: StumpjumpNedget, BushwackNwacko,
    In hind site though,and keeping the "N" theme, I like these: GeoingNvane, TrudgeNfurnuttun, PeekN&hoping, DragNuphill, BumpNdownhill, CacheNtickout (my favorite but I had already chosen ), LookNfurcache, HideNcache, etc.

Edit:As Paul H. would say, here is the rest of the story, without the humor that doesn‘t seem to set very well with some, and no emoticons.

At this time I have 8 backpacks at home plus one more that is on loan to a young man with 25 years of unrestricted exchange. Now I don’t know if I have so many packs because I’ve yet to find a pack I didn’t like or yet to find a pack I did like, but that is my story.
    Oh and by the way, the nickname Jack, it was my Dad's who died 25 years ago.