Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: “This 1time in Paris…” Event / Sat. 1/13/07 GCZFTY

Sure looks like it's going to be great! Wish I could come, but my no. 2 job insists on my presence. Shoot.

Ya'll have fun and someone eat some cheese dip for me, please!

Beth
    >^--^<

Q Guest
    Were planning on it, but.... weather chickens.. Sorry! Hope it is a good time.

Lostmontanan Guest
    Had a great time today! Thanks for the hospitality....hope to do it again soon.

flannelman Guest
    Well the weather was preyyt bad but we had a lot of fun anyway. Thanks for putting up with my kids today. They had a blast!!

HercMaster Guest
    Thank you again for doing a wonderful job of hosting this event! It was nice to meet you and many of my fellow geocachers in Arkansas.

And now, due to popular request, I present:

Mrs. HercMaster's Sesame Oat Bars

Easy and quick to make!

INGREDIENTS

1 cup canola oil
    3/4 cup dark Karo syrup
    2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
    1 tsp salt
    2 tsp vanilla
    8 cups quick oats
    1 cup black* (can also use white) untoasted sesame seeds
    1 cup wheat bran (can also use wheat germ)

DIRECTIONS

1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.

2. In a large bowl, stir together the oil, syrup, brown sugar, salt, and vanilla. In another bowl stir the oats and remaining dry ingredients together and then stir into the sugar and oil mixture.

3. Mix well with a spoon, then with both hands.

4. Press mixture firmly into a lightly oiled (12”x17”) jelly roll pan. Use a rolling pin to evenly distribute the mixture.

5. Bake for 10 minutes. (Mixture will be brown at the edges when done.)

6. Cool thoroughly (overnight is fine). Loosen edges; invert pan on cutting surface and tap firmly. The whole thing should come out easily. Cut into bars.

These keep for several weeks in an airtight container.

* Note: black (and white) sesame seeds are commonly available in Asian groceries, usually at lower cost than in conventional grocery stores.

Susan Kurth 01/14/07

THANKS!

WOW! I don’t even know where to begin, and I’m going to apologize in advance if I forget to say something I should have.

We want to thank everyone for coming to the event. We were so happy that so many showed up even with the rain.

Thanks to all of those who donated prizes. There are some who donated prizes when they came to the event that are not listed and we failed to make a log of those donations as they came in so I will not attempt to mention any of them here out of fear of forgetting to mention someone.

Thanks to everyone who brought their coins and travel bugs and shared them with others. I know we saw (and bought) some coins that we really enjoyed.

Thanks for all the food that was brought there was plenty for all and I think all enjoyed the meal. I’m going to post a photo of the cake that Mel from Team firefreaks brought to the event. It was an awesome cake and some may have missed seeing it before it was sliced up. It was one of those cakes you hated to cut.

The main reason we even planned an event to begin with was to meet fellow geocachers and we think we made a great dent in that goal with this event. We enjoyed spending time with each and every one of you.

Thanks to all that helped out with the event. I could never mention you all here and you know who you are. We really appreciate it and will remember it.

I mentioned it at the event but I would like to remind everyone to try to e-mail those listed on the listing that donated prizes and thank them.

Thanks to all that have already posted photos in the gallery of the listing. We love seeing them and look forward to seeing others add their photos.

I want to also thank everyone for their kind words and words of praise that make it all worthwhile.

No one is perfect and we know we made some mistakes and that some things we did could be improved. If you have any suggestions feel free to send me a message or e-mail me at paris1time@yahoo.com and let me know.

Thanks also to the funds that were collected and given to us for some of the expenses. We did not expect it, but it is appreciated.

Thanks again for everything and we look forward to seeing everyone at the Clarksville event in April!

David
    paris1time