Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: “This 1time in Paris…” Event / Sat. 1/13/07 GCZFTY

“This 1time in Paris…” Event / Sat. 1/13/07 GCZFTY

“This 1Time in Paris…”
    Meet, Greet, Eat, and Cache
    Saturday, January 13th, 2007

My wife (ddkds) and I would like the opportunity to meet our fellow cachers.

We will be hosting a meet and greet and caching event here in Paris and hope to get the chance to say “Hello” to many of you.

When: Saturday, January 13th, 2007 8:30 AM - ????

Where: First Nation Bank of Paris Community Center 25 East Main Street, Paris AR 72855

Here is the listing on GC.com : GCZFTY "This 1Time in Paris..." Event Cache

There will be a meal, contests, temporary caches for the adults and kids, surprises and hopefully a bunch of cache talk and caching.

There is no cost to attend the event of course but prize donations are welcomed. Please e-mail me if you would like to donate a prize.

MEAL: The meal will be “pot luck” @ 11:30 AM. Please bring a dish and a 2-liter of your favorite soda. We will have ice, coffee and tea. We will also furnish some hot dogs for the kids. Please call me (479.518.0812), e-mail me (paris1time@yahoo.com), or send me a message with what you plan on bringing and I will list it on the Arkansas Geocachers Association forum.

PHOTO CONTEST: We love to take photos while out caching and we know many of do also. We thought this would be a great time (especially if the weather does not cooperate) to show those photos off. The contest rules are simple: (1) The submitting cacher must have taken the photo and (2) the photo must have been taken while geocaching. Bring your favorite photo(s) to be displayed (It’s up to you how you present the photo (frame, matted, etc.)). There will be a voting for the favorite in these categories: #1 - Scenic/Nature (Flowers, trees, insects, animals, etc.), #2 - Fun / Crazy Cache or Cache Hunt, and #3 -Just Because (This will be a catch all for other caching photos). Those attending will be allowed to vote for their favorite in each category! (Update 12/11/06: There will be 3 categories. If you plan on bringing a photo to submit for the contest please place a label on the back of the photo/frame with your name, Cache name, and waypoint for the photo.)

COLORING CONTEST: We would like all of the kids that are attending to either color one of the pictures listed in the “photo gallery” for the listing or draw and color their own geoaching themed picture and bring it to the event. Just select one of the photos in the photo gallery (Coloring Page #1, Coloring Page #2, or Coloring Page #3), print the photo, color it, then bring it to the event! There will be prizes for all those that do. (Update 12/11/06: I will also have copies of the coloring pages, blank paper, and crayons at the event for the kids to color a picture at the event if they wish. If a kid in your party will be coloring a picture for the coloring contest please e-mail me and let me know so I can have plenty of prizes for the kids!)

TRAVEL BUGS AND GEOCOINS: Bring your travel bugs and geocoins to show off. We have only had the chance to see a few and we would love to see everyone’s. If you plan on bringing geocoins and travelbugs to the event and would e-mail me the details for them we will prepare a list to help people to spend more time looking and sharing than having to write tracking numbers down.

TEMPORARY CACHES: There will be some temporary caches for the adults and kids to find. Full details are still in the works.

NEW CACHES: There will be new caches placed in and around the Paris between now and the event. I will be placing and activating a few caches at a time leading up to the event.

Current Event Schedule

8:30 AM Registration open, Photo Contest Submissions and Coloring Contest Submissions begin, and Coordinates to Temporary Caches Available

11:00 AM Voting for Photo Contest will begin

11:30 AM Meal

12:30 PM Voting for Photo Contest Ends, Prizes for contests presented

Please post a “Will Attend” on the Geocaching.com com listing if you plan on coming and tell us how many in your party will be coming so we can plan accordingly. If you plan on attending send me a message or e-mail me the names and screen names of those coming and we will have some nametags already made.

Please add the listing to your "Watchlist" and watch for updates as the event approaches.

WHO IS BRINGING WHAT

FOOD

Ice : paris1time and ddkds
    Tea : paris1time and ddkds
    Coffee : paris1time and ddkds
    Hot Dogs : paris1time and ddkds
    Hot Dog Buns: paris1time and ddkds
    Banana Pudding : paris1time and ddkds
    Cake : firefreaks
    Baked Beans : cfd29
    Cold Salad of some kind: Lauri (la-in-ar)
    Chili : flannelman
    Apricot and Apple Fried pies : cachemates
    Sliced ham and macaroni salad: rklmbl
    Sprial cut ham: nonnipoppy and golfnutz
    Some type of salad: nonnipoppy and golfnutz
    Barbaque sandwich makings and buns: Apache Scout, 2A, and Jasperboy
    The BEST Cheese dip: GeoMafia
    Sweet Meatballs: theCLB
    Assorted Fresh Fruit: Captain Atom
    Fresh Fruit and vegetable tray: krycek008

PRIZES DONATIONS (Updated 1/1/07)

I want to thank all those that are donating and sponsering the event. You will be the ones that helps make this event a success!

SPONSERS / PRIZE DONORS (In alphabetical order)

[b]Arkansas Stickerdude[/b/]: ammo can, Arkansas Geocoin, and GeoWoodstock4 geocoin

Cachemates : a stocked ammo can

Cache Supply: TB and a premade custom cache

cfd29 : Arkansas Geocoin

CoinsandPins.com : Silver CacheAmerica geocoin, 250 Finds Geo-Achievement geocoin, Navy geocoin, Micro geocoin, 2 tie tacks, a pin, 2 Coins and Pins lanyards and sending their traveling banner TB!

flannelman : Stocked Ammo Can

Geocacher University : Some type of donation

The Geocoin Club / The Geocoin Store : 4 Gift certificates (1 Trial Subscription to the Geocoin Club for 3 months, 3 Trial Subscriptions for 1 month)

golfnutz : Geocaching Pin Set Display Frame & 3 Caching in the Holidays geocoins

Groundspeak / Geocaching.com : A 2006 CITO t-shirt, 3” CITO sticker, CITO youth safety vest, Geocaching athletic movement tee, and an Autographed copy of “The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Geocaching”

HobbyCache.com : 3 cache kits and 3 t-shirts

Hog Wild Stuff : All Nations Center Pathfinder Club geocoin, Ellis Island 2006 geocoin, Plymouth Rock Benchmark geocoin, Rome (Roma) Round geocoin, two Singapore Island 2006 geocoins, two Yosemite National Park non-trackable coins, and an 10 pins

Paris Area Chamber of Commerce: T-shirts, coffee mugs, postcards, and posters

nonnipoppy: a cache

rusty_da_dog : ready to go ammo can

Scholartainment : Geoclues Board Game and some pens

smittyware.com: coupon for free Cachemate download

Texas Geocachers Association : TXGA Autumn 2005, Spring 2006 and Summer 2006 geocoins

TheCachingPlace.com: Some type of donation

Wal-Mart #230: $25 Gift Card

woodwalker9: a stocked ammo can

Count me in
    If your not living life on the edge your taking up too much space!!!!!!

Edit of original post

I have edited and updated the original post above.

paris1time

Lauri Guest
    This sounds like great fun! Count me in.

Thanks paris1time and ddkds for putting this together. Sounds like it's going to be a lot of fun. I will be there and if there is anything I can do to help, please don't hesitate to let me know.

paris1time, I posted this event on the home page for you. Hope that's ok...

Wayne
    I get my directions from above.
    View my profile

flannelman Guest
    January is winter time. What goes good with winter?? Chilli!!!!!!! I'll bring a big crock pot of chilli and maybe one with black bean soup too.

I'll also bring a stocked ammo can for a door prize.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaddiel
    paris1time, I posted this event on the home page for you. Hope that's ok...

Wayne
    Thanks! I was working on a submission to the site when you posted it!

David

Update

I have updated the OP several times over the last couple of week so I wanted to give this a ....

BUMP

p1t

Food list and prize list updated....

See everyone tomorrow.

Be careful on the trip.

David
    paris1time