Thread: What do you think about pathtags?

What do you think about pathtags?

I have noticed the ad for Pathtags on the GC.com web site and clicked on the link to read about them.

I was just wondering what everyone thinks about them, if anything.

The ones on the site look pretty good, but the fact that you can't track them on GC.com will probably hinder their popularity.

The price isn't bad compared to having your own geocoin made and I guess that is the trade off.

I guess they would make a great signature item, but as far as getting them logged by cachers it might not be easy.

I plan on getting Pathtags made for myself. Noting your trade-offs that they are relatively inexpensive yet can't be tracked - I think they will eventually take off and will become more of a trade item at meet n greets or a way for a cacher to put something in a cache as a "marker" that others will be able to find and collect. Since I have put out a few TBs, given out two geocoins and activated one and placed it in the wild aaaannnnddd they have all come up missing I have pretty much given up on the whole tracking or logging concept. I like the idea of a trade or giveaway item. I vote for Pathtags. Here is another concept - what about making personal hiking stick medallions to use as a personal trade item? I think that would make a cool item - a walking stick covered with GC medallions. STW

Quote Originally Posted by SpankytheWizard
    Here is another concept - what about making personal hiking stick medallions to use as a personal trade item? I think that would make a cool item - a walking stick covered with GC medallions. STW
    I like the idea of hiking stick medallions. My wife and I started getting the state park medallions for our sticks, but a geocaching personal medallion would be a great edition to our collection.

I have some doodles and now I have to put them in the computer.= for Pathtags. I think they will be awsome.
    If your not living life on the edge your taking up too much space!!!!!!