Thread: GPS phone, does anyone know about them?

5beavers Guest

GPS phone, does anyone know about them?

GPS phones? does anyone anything about these?
    I am thinking about upgrading my phone and I thought this would be a neat option.

If I remember right its only Nextel that has the GPS phone.
    If your not living life on the edge your taking up too much space!!!!!!

Nope, Verizon has them too. It's a Motorola v325...however, to use most of the GPS functions, like maps, you have to subscribe and pay airtime fees. That may be true of the other brands too, but it downloads the latest map data in realtime so the roads and POIs are all up to date and does voice activated turn-by-turn stuff. Not worth my subscription, but for some people it would be.

AR_kayaker

I believe LG's Chocolate will do GPS. Nokia N95 will also have integrated GPS, 150 MB of memory, and a 5 megapixel camera. All this stuff is moving so fast, it's hard to keep up!
    I get my directions from above.
    View my profile

I've got the Verizon Motorola RAZR V3M and it supports the GPS navigation. The phone came with a free 15 day trial and it worked great. It routes like the Garmin 60Cx and EtrexCx series but since it's also a speakerphone, it announces the upcoming turns and direction. The monthly subscription in $10, or $3 for a 24 hr. period. I don't think it's much good for caching since you can't input coords, but it will display the coords of a spot that's selected on the map.