Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: South West Cachers

cachemates Guest

South West Cachers

Hello All
    This is my first post. New to the forum as well. I live in Pike co. in SW Ar. There aren't nearly as many cachers or caches in this area as other parts of the state. The caches in my area are visited mostly by tourist from other states. The most of the caches are in rural areas some hard to get to and don't get a lot of action. I have a cache at Crater of Diamonds State Park that is the most found cache I have. We don't get to meet a lot of other cachers on the trails. We did get to meet grandkid 38. We were the First and only cachers to find his Bashaw Mt. cache,He had to archive it as a bear had destroyed the container. Once in Dardnelle we met Hot Rod on Foot and Bike also the C Family while we were looking for the smallest Micro ( known to man ) placed by Rabid Cat. We had been used to Ammo Boxes. I would like to hear from any others in this area.
    Jerry.

nonnipoppy Guest
    Hello there,

Good to hear from you guys down south. We hope to cache down in your area later this year. We will be going to Bossier City for a meeting in Oct and will try to cache some on the way there and back. Depending on time we will, perhaps, see some of your caches.......

If you think Rabid Cat's caches are small do not look for License, Insurance and Registration, Friday Night Fever, and What The Heck Is A Bison Capsule? in Clarksville.

poppy

Poppy those are some great caches I can not wiat to see what you break out next.
    If your not living life on the edge your taking up too much space!!!!!!

cachemates Guest

Mini Micro

Poppy
    Hope you can make it down this way in Oct. I don't think you will find anything down here as difficult as some of your caches and some others in your area. I have read what others have said about some of your caches. Eureka and the Judge are two that I remember. We plan on coming up your way in the fall. My sister lives in Ft Smith and I plan getting up there before long. I know Arkansas Sticker Dude, Rusty Da Dog and others have several caches in that area that I want to hunt for. I have two Great Nephews that I want to take geocaching. They live at Greenwood. Maybe I'll see you on the trail.
    Jerry.

GEO Guest
    Great I have always wanted a reason to get back Crater of Diamonds to hunt diamonds.
    Now there are caches too!!!!!

Yipeeeeeeeeeee

nonnipoppy Guest

Re: Mini Micro

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry-Bonnie-Abby
    Poppy
    Hope you can make it down this way in Oct. ..............We plan on coming up your way in the fall. My sister lives in Ft Smith and I plan getting up there before long. I know Arkansas Sticker Dude, Rusty Da Dog and others have several caches in that area that I want to hunt for. I have two Great Nephews that I want to take geocaching. They live at Greenwood. Maybe I'll see you on the trail.
    Jerry.

Hello Jerry,
    I will do everything I can to get some caches when we go to Bossier City in Oct. I still must live with nonni so she will have some say about what we do.

We have a great number of caches available in this area. The entire area is just loaded. Actually it may take more than one trip to get them all. Additionally there are many different types of caches to find. We look forward to your visit. My cell phone number is 479 979-4442. If you are in the area please call.

Thanks,
    poppy

chili36 Guest
    I will probably be making a trip down toward Hot Springs in a month or so. I am looking forward to geocaching in that area.

cachemates Guest
    I am trying to get a cache placed at De Gray State Park but I am having an awful hard time getting to talk to the right person. The park superintendent has sent my request to someone else and I haven't heard from him in two weeks. The Crater Of Diamonds park is visited by people from a lot of different states. I have lived here all my life and never hunted for diamonds. I need to do that.
    Hope to see some of you down this way this fall.
    Jerry.

bmwrider1 Guest
    Jerry and Bonnie Hey guys, I was just up your way yesterday, I have found several of your caches and put bugs in a few also. I keep trying to get more people intrested. I even did a part in a teacher workshop last week and It was on geocaching. There were several interested. GEO has some great caches in S MO. Those were the first the wife and I did. We saw so much of the country side that we never would have gone in before.

cachemates Guest
    bmwrider1
    I saw where the Rascals were up my way yesterday I'm just guessing that was you, It seems I remember in one of your post that you went to a BMW meet in Missouri. I would like to thank you for placing those yellow jeeps in this area. I found your Sterling Keys to the Past a while back a very neat hide.Bonnie thought we would surely get arrested on that one.

We found one of Geo's caches near Dogpatch on our trip to Branson. I missed the one south of Jasper but will get it next trip. I did like the camo.

Chili 36 if you come to Hot Springs we have A simple drive by cache there, but there are other nearby. Check out The Cave, we liked that one.

bmwrider1 next time you are in this area give me a call at my shop 870 356 2075.
    Jerry