Thread: Forest Permission

Saddlebags Guest

Forest Permission

Does anyone know who might be in charge of the Weddington Woods section of the Forest? A cacher up there is having some trouble getting anyone to acknowledge him about placing a cache. Chuck Walla put him in touch with me and I told him what I know about the area around Russellville. I also told him about the forms. He was pretty unhappy because he has been seeking help up there for over two weeks. He said he was just going to forget putting out a cache around there. I hate that for all of us. Saddlebags

I believe the Weddington area is operated out of the district office in Ozark. However, it would seem that the best approach would be to contact the main office in Russellville. Gary Knudsen is the man I talked with in the Russellville office when I first learned about the new permit system and got copies of the permit. I would start with him. -- ORR
    "Wildness is a necessity." -- John Muir

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." -- Steve McQueen

Saddlebags Guest
    Thanks ORR. I have worked with him too. I never thought of looking so close to home. I thought it would probably be someone from up in the Fayetteville area. I'll see what I can find out. Saddlebags.