Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Caching Statistics

RuffRidr Guest

Caching Statistics

I'm putting this email out here to gauge the interest in an opt-in stats system. I think it would be pretty cool to have a stats leaderboard on this site that listed the stats for the members who wanted to have theirs listed.

There currently is a webserver that was created by M-Class out there doing this very thing. The purpose of this server is to create leaderboards for clubs and associations. I have sent him an email and have gotten back information on how to go about setting this up if we are interested.

Anyway, have a look at the following webpage and see if it is something that interests everybody.

http://cachestats.made.nu/leaderboard.asp?club_id=3

Again, this would be an opt-in system. If you don't want your stats listed on the site, you wouldn't have to.

--RuffRidr

Phantom_491 Guest

Stats Board.

Sounds like a great idea to me. That way we could maybe hold special events when members reach milestones.

chili36 Guest
    I can remember at one time, there was a site that posted stats for the entire country.

RuffRidr Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by chili36
    I can remember at one time, there was a site that posted stats for the entire country.
    That was Dan's stats page. It was a pretty cool site. I know I watched my progress closely on that site. It was also a good way to find out who the prolific cachers in an area were. Unfortunately, Dan had to take his stats pages down as the site that was hosting it for him would no longer host that much bandwidth.

Overall, I think stats can be a good thing, and I hope we can bring that back to our area.

--RuffRidr

cachecrazies Guest
    We used to watch Dan's stat page and really enjoyed it. Like RuffRidr it was fun to see who was active and where they were hitting caches. We'll definately opt in - and hope most others do too. It's not a "competion" thing - although if you're close to the top it may encourage another weekend of caching! I have to admit - it was fun to see our name at the top for at least a couple of weeks!

But it was all good natured fun as far as we were concerned - no "duel to the death" syndromes here!

sounds like a great idea to me.
    If your not living life on the edge your taking up too much space!!!!!!

GEO Guest
    I opt in too.
    I like the idea as well.
    I have seen it in the other groups and everyone seems to like the idea.
    cachecrazies is ahead right now it looks like,I am gonna have to get busy.dude is right behind em.

Can benchmarks be added to the stats as well?

Golfnutz or Nonniepoppie is in the Lead with over 800 I think.

nonnipoppy Guest
    We would participate if there was an opportunity. I feel pretty sure that Golfnutz would also. The thing I would like to see from GC.com is the ability to see DNF's. These are often the most enjoyable logs to read. The DNF logs for "The Judge" by HugoNaDie, Mooremonkeys, Golfnutz and others kept us laughing for a while. If it were not our cache we would not have ever seen these. The only other way to see them is to watch the cache. Although we are trying we can't watch every cache.

BTW StickerDude it is nonnipoppY

I know that it was late and I had a BRAIN FART. Sorry.