This is a privately owned and maintained site. [I remember Bert calling it a “benevolent dictatorship“]
This is not an association owned site, Bert Drake set it up so there would be a uniform focused location for cachers to stay informed (my wording not his).
The association had coins minted and sold them for a profit.
The association, now consisting of 5 committee members, are now working on making more profit on more projects so why not spend that association money on a site that is owned by the association that claims it, or buy this site from Bert, or build a new site, or at the very least support it completely and pay Bert to maintain this site, ect.? It just doesn’t seem right to me to continue to make a profit on the back of the very man who so graciously did, and is still doing all this for the sake of the game, and not step up and take part in carrying the banner from this point on. Without this site there is no ArkGeo Association.
I’m usually one of the first to say “If it aint stinkin don’t stir it up” but this is the thread where you are supposed to suggest, [quote ]:“Discussion of issues related to the web site. Problems, suggestions, etc.”[end quote]
so I’m suggesting that because of the profit involved, it is now a whole new ball game and time to change things and step up.
I have been putting my money where my mouth is, trying to help with the expense, and now that this association has moved into making profit from sales to the members of this site, it should now step up to the plate so the link asking for donations to help support this site doesn‘t need to be there anymore.
BPNJ
PS. If you have already started using the association’s profits to pay for this site, how about letting us know, and please excuse the ring.