Thread: Steering Committee Changes

Steering Committee Changes

As many of you know, due to personal reasons, LadyEngineer (Jo Bowie) has decided to resign as a member of the Steering Committee. Her resignation was effective as of September 8th, 2006. Jo's contributions to ArkGeo have been many. Most recently she took the primary role in communications with the Arkansas Game and Fish Commission, which ultimately resulted in a commitment by them to allow geocaches to be placed on their lands. We will certainly miss having her on the Committee.

Jo's resignation left the Committee with a pressing need to fill the position quickly, as we have much work to be done in our effort to gain non-profit status before the end of the year. We also needed someone that was familiar with the details of our ongoing projects.

Considering our January 1, 2007 deadlines, we felt that LongDogs (Bert Drake) uniquely meets these qualifications. We have asked him to join us, and he has graciously agreed to serve as the fifth steering committee member, at least until we can get a Board of Directors in place.

When nominations for the Steering Committee were in progress, Bert was the name that came up most often. He single-handedly founded what we now know as ArkGeo. He is also very familiar with the Committee's ongoing projects and is vital to the flourishing ArkGeo community. Please help us in welcoming him to the Committee!

Steering Committee
    Arkansas Geocachers Association

Team_Pink Guest
    Does this mean that if we need something "graphical" designed related to Geocaching, that he is "'under contract"?

Just teasing! Glad to have you at the helm.

A very sound and logical choice. Thanks Bert and I wish you the very best.

Pilotsmom Guest
    I personally don't know him and am very new to all of this, but I am sure you all made the right choice and congratulations to Bert and hopefully one of these days I will understand all of this and get a chance to meet everyone. LOL