Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I'll be doing some Arkansas caching

konopapw2 Guest

Podcasting as I go

Rather than gather all the audio for a podcast when I get back, I am going to try to publish my experiences daily.

If you already subscribe to the SLAGA Geocaching Podcast RSS feed, you'll get each daily episode as it is published. Or check podcast.geostl.com for new episodes.

(Wasn't this supposed to be a relaxing vacation?!)

konopapw2 Guest
    Very funny. How can you call it scenic Highway 7 when all you see at every overlook is fog?! I did get some caching in, but after getting soaked while hunting Round Mountain, that was it for me for the day. I am now in a motel in Russellville. It is supposed to rain more tomorrow. I might go back up Highway 7 to get some caches, but then head over to Clarksville by evening.

konopapw2 Guest
    I'll be in Clarksville for a couple of days. After that, it depends on which AR geocachers want to do podcast interviews (if any).

Q Guest
    Well, being a river rat, I must say thanks for bringing the rain with ya! Sorry you had a couple of wash days tho. Weather oughta be a bit better. At least it ain't 100 degrees. Good hunting!

Being a newbie still, and leaving town Thurs night, I will decline on being an interviewee. Maybe some of these mo 'sperienced folks can hep you out.

Clif

konopapw2 Guest
    I'm in Mountain Home. Trip about over. It's been fun. Thanks, y'all.

cachecrazies Guest
    Luckily we were able to meet up with Paul yesterday when he was in Mountain Home. And had a great visit! Geocachers NEVER run out of stories to share!

Went to lunch at one of Rich & Charolette's favorite restaurants here to continue our talking but he turned the tables on us!
    Thanks Paul - very sneaky!

konopapw2 Guest
    Thanks to CacheCrazies for the Arkansas geocoin. You grilled me to make sure I was worthy!

Once we left the eatery on Friday, it started to rain and for the rest of the day, it alternated between sprinkles and downpours. So I decided just to head home to St. Louis, since I was so close.

I passed through St. James, Missouri a few hours after a tornado hit, but didn't know that until I got home. The semi-truck that was tipped over in the ditch, east of Rolla on highway I-44, might have been from the winds. There were a few more accidents due to the slick highway that slowed down traffic. Luckily, I experienced only heavy rain and lightning and no wind.

Publication of geocaching podcast interviews with Max/Mike from Clarksville, Wayne (Gaddiel) from Conway and CacheCrazies from Mountain Home will be forthcoming (www.podcast.geostl.com)