Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'll be doing some Arkansas caching

konopapw2 Guest

I'll be doing some Arkansas caching

I will be caching in Arkansas from Sept 18 - 21. If any Arkansas geocachers would like to meet with me to do SLAGA Geocaching Podcast interviews, let me know. I'll have my recording equipment and a laptop with me. I haven't made specific plans on where I'll go. Could be anywhere. Will probably play it by ear as I research some remote caches later on this week.

If anyone is interested in meeting up, I can give you the scoop on how things work (and don't work) in SLAGA

The main reason I'll be in your state is to get a way from the rat race and punish my body with some good physical cache hunts. (no puzzles, please!)

Paul Konopacki

Charter SLAGA member
    www.geostl.com webmaster
    SLAGA Geocaching Podcast producer
    former SLAGA president
    amateur videographer
    burnt-out computer programmer

flannelman Guest
    I'm not sure about interviews or the SLAGA(not familiar with it), but if you are in the west-central part of the state I might be able to cache with ya. Let me know when you decide where you will be going and welcome to Arkansas.

konopapw2 Guest
    Looks like I'll be stopping in Clarksville sometime next week. And perhaps staying at the Best Western! Party in room 101! (just kidding ...?)

SLAGA stands for the St. Louis Area Geocachers Association. Our web site is: http://www.geostl.com

I produce a podcast where I interview geocachers and get audio at geocaching events. I'm about to publish episode #35. All episodes can be found at http://podcast.geostl.com .

A podcast is like an independent internet radio show stored in a .MP3 file that you can listen to on your computer or in a portable MP3 player. It's free to listen to. Note I didn't say my podcast was particularly 'interesting' to listen to

If you need someone I would be willing to meet with you . It sounds AWSOME.
    If your not living life on the edge your taking up too much space!!!!!!

flannelman Guest
    Thanks for the info. I'll check out those links. It does sound interesting.

konopapw2 Guest

Plans (sort of)

I leave St. Louis on Sat, Sept. 16th. Head to Springfield, MO and cache until dark.

Sun, cache my way to Fort Smith and spend night around there.

Cache Mon and Tue in Clarksville. (Hopefully GolfNutz has vacancy!)

Wed and Thu in Conway and Little Rock area.

Fri and Sat - head back to St. Louis.

I drive a dark green Dodge Dakota with Missouri plates (gc.com plastic plate guard and gc.com sticker in right camper window.) If you happen to see my, honk and wave and I'll pull over so we can talk. Or, if you see the truck parked, I'm either out caching or sleeping in the back!

konopapw2 Guest

Plans (sort of)

flannelman Guest
    Sounds like agreat trip. Maybe I'll see ya along the way,

cachecrazies Guest
    If you head back home through Mountain Home there's lots of beautiful hiking caches to find in this area.

Let us know if you're coming this way & we'll try to meet up with you.

konopapw2 Guest

Keeping tabs

I"ll update my whereabout here. (I say that like I'm important, or something.)

I picked up a 2nd GPS receiver from RGS today. It's actually an old Garmin GPS III of mine that I gave to him because I broke the antenna on it.) I'll use it for navigation and my Vista for hunting.

Rich and Charlotte gave me all their Arkansas brochures, so I'm set for all the tour trap sites! They recommend Highway 7 through Harrison, so I might not get to Fort Smith, after all.

I did notice that Mountain Home has a large cluster of caches around the lake! You just might see me in your area at the end of next week.