Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Important participation!

Quote Originally Posted by topkitty98
    ar_kayaker had something for an area he is involved with south east of Benton - I think they were city permits. Don't remember where they were on the forums.
    Malvern City Parks, if I recall correctly. -- ORR
    "Wildness is a necessity." -- John Muir

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." -- Steve McQueen

Quote Originally Posted by OldRiverRunner
    Quote Originally Posted by topkitty98
    ar_kayaker had something for an area he is involved with south east of Benton - I think they were city permits. Don't remember where they were on the forums.
    Malvern City Parks, if I recall correctly. -- ORR
    This form was posted in the "Downloads" area of our site, under the "Forms" section.
    I get my directions from above.
    View my profile

I got my newsletter in the mail this week from the ARPA talking about conference in Jonesboro. It had a tentative list of all of the different educational sessions and activities scheduled for the conference. Nothing on times just a list. Every year they have a golf tournament in conjunction with the conference and they have another one planned this year too. But this year they are offering a geo caching experience for those that do not want to play golf. I had wondered exactly how all of this was going to fit into the conference schedule . There should be plenty of time to not only talk about geo caching but also plan some fun activities related to it. I think this is fantastic. Sayitagain

Team_Pink Guest
    Thanks for the update sayitagain! I'm looking forward to it. I hope the weather is agreeable.

That Malvern permit is basically a copy of the one the state parks use.

The parks director saw the state version and re-wrote it with their own letterhead and a few minor changes.

TheAlabamaRambler Guest

Meeting

I have been wanting to return to AR and see my caching buddies, so this looks like a great opportunity!

How's about I host a Meet & Greet pot-luck dinner event after your presentation meeting, invite them to come if you wish, at a nearby park?

Let me know if anyone is up for it and I will schedule it!

Ed

Team_Pink Guest
    I am up for it and would appreciate the opportunity to meet again! I'll pass the word in my area.

On another note, I got my copy of "Local Treasures" a couple of weeks ago and I was pleasantly surprised to see a cache listed, with picture, of a cache I attempted recently! "Beloved Elizabeth and the Unknowns" in Overland Park, KS.

I am enjoying the book but it's not the style that I can read from front to back. It is an excellent "bathroom reader" the way it's written. Each page is a cache and photograph therefore each page stands on it's on and doesn't require the knowledge of the previous pages. There is some beautiful photography and is probably the strength of the book. I recommend it and thanks to AlabamaRambler for introducing it to me.

That's a great idea Ed. I would certainly love to attend another meet & greet. Let me know if there is anything that I can do to help.

Team_Pink Guest
    February 28th is on a Wednesday. I don't know what kind of turnout there would be in the middle of the week and meeting after the APRA meeting would put it late in the afternoon or at night so meeting at a park at the last of February may be a little uncomfortable.

So far Gaddiel, TopKitty, ArkansasStickerDude, and Lghtfigther have mentioned that they would attend.

Team_Pink Guest
    Since the holidays are over, it is time for me to start work on the February ARPA meeting in ernest. If you have committed to a contribution please contact me so I can start getting everything together.

Thanks