Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Suggestions for my 100th find.

nonnipoppy Guest
    IMHO the best two hiking caches that we have done in Arkansas are Glory Hole and Hawksbill Crag. Marinoni Cache and Pam's Grotto Falls are alo grand...Good luck and enjoy the hunt......poppy

flannelman Guest
    Man, what a climb! I remember that one for some reason. Could have been the near cardiac arrest on the way up. HAHA!!! Thanks for the nominations to the list. Maybe once I select the countdown caches some of you fellow cachers will want to go along with me for number 100.

Rusty_da_dog Guest
    Ok, hopefully this doesn't hit after the milestone, I would HIGHLY recommend the Glory Hole up North of Clarksville, by far one of the nicest areas around, just make sure you go when it is wet like I did last week and go on down and check out the waterfall!!!!

flannelman Guest
    Sounds good. It may take me a little while longer to get to 100 than I thought. I'm playing catch up in college right now. Thanks for the suggestion.

cajunbat Guest

Obviously I havent been at this long....have grown respect for the hiders in my area also including yourself Flannelman....This is the post that actual made me come out of hiding on this website....I would truly enjoy sharing your 100th with you and am working as hard as I can to make it a duplicate 100 for me also....although so far I have not hidden a cache, I am truly trying to get as much of a grasp of the game as I can before I try to turn it around and actually challenge a cacher to find mine....but with that in mind, to share my hundreth with some I consider to be higher caliber...and also to be present when they broke the same milestone ....what a day to go cashing!!! I'm in if your looking for company and I'll bring the champange!!!

flannelman Guest
    That would be a good way to break 100 for both of us. I have been thinking bout going for a few caches pretty soon but not enough to break 100 yet. I think I'll hit that goal sometime next month. I really like caching in the winter and December is a good time for me since it is between the fall and spring semesters at UALR.

I just started hiding caches like others have hidden theirs. I just add a little to make it my own. I'm looking forward to being FTF on your first hide!!

Is there anything in the Hot Springs area that you haven't hit yet? If there is then we could meet for breakfast and do a little caching in the area as a warm up for the 100th find run. Let me know what you think.

How about "The Fountain of Youth - UALR", by Pedro_de_Poca_Roca. I see you haven't found this one. A real challenge! You will feel REALLY GOOD after nailing it!-- ORR
    "Wildness is a necessity." -- John Muir

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." -- Steve McQueen

flannelman Guest
    I have been scoping this one out between classes but there are always toomany muggles around to look in earnest. I'll probably hit this one Sunday morning after I get off work. I'm kinda leaning toward glory hole right now, but I haven't researched all of the suggestions yet.

cajunbat Guest
    Im thinking a good drive followed by a nice hike at least a half to a mile. With as many people as we can get involved...it seems we both like the woodland caches so im good for that would much rather than than an urban!!!

flannelman Guest
    I was just thinking of making a pre-run of sorts. I don't know how far you are from 100 but I still need a few more before I get there. I will probably pick up a couple this weekend on my home from work butthey will probably be urban.

I want to make 100 more like what you are thinking, one really good cache that is off in the middle of nowhere, but it doesn't matter to me how many people go. That is why I am leaning toward Glory Hole right now. What is your schedule like? You can PM me if you want or send an email. If we decide to go for this togagther then we need to meet and go over some caches that we might want to hit.