Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How many in a day? 5? 10? more?

My best day was 52 in just over 7 hours. I was pretty tired by the time I got home.

No matter how many or how few you get at Richland Creek Wilderness Area, do NOT miss Fuzzybutt Falls cache, Six Finger Falls cache, or Falling Water Falls Cache! Awesome waterfalls! Worth the roads, the short hikes, whatever! Oh, and for Fuzzy, once you cross the creek at Six Finger, there is a trail that cuts through over to Fuzzy. That is easier to cross at Six Finger than right in front of Fuzzy. (We've gone both ways!) I'll be waiting to hear about your adventure, and to know how much water is flowing right now. HAVE FUN

Oh yeah, we did 43 I think at Clarksville on the day of the last Event. It was so incredible! Good company, stopped for good fellowship at the event, two good meals, good times! Clarksville is never less than an adventure! >^..^<

Our typical weekend is about 3, geo-j takes photos, which takes a lot of time at each site. But if it weren't for geocaching, we wouldn't have found some of the cool stuff he has photographed! He usually leaves me at the cache spot, he goes on and sets up at whatever he wants to take pictures of, I get the cache found long before he finishes. (Yes, I am slow too, believe me!) I catch up to him, pull out my water and a book or just drink in the scenery. Sometimes, I go back to the car to wait. I'll bet my school kid's papers are graded in some of the best spots in Arkansas! [/u]

Q Guest
    Well kity8, we only got 3 today. Spent a couple of hours trying to not turn around. The hiway was as close as 1/4 mile in front of us but our roads kept becoming non Xterra friendly. We were in the Illinois Bayou watershed. Not exactly equipped with the 4 of us for overland hikes we had to pass on Buzzard bluff, Martin wash, blue hole. But we had a good day. Saw some of those unique areas. Sweeden hollow and East Fork were more in line, just a short distance from the road.

I think my top count was 16 in a day. It was a day where caching was all I did for the day and I spent it in a pretty cache-rich enviroment (Searcy) that was close to home.

A "normal" cache day usually yeilds about 5, but then my normal cache day is usually spent enroute to some other activity.

AR_kayaker

nonnipoppy Guest
    The answer to your question IMHO depends on many things. The paramount thing I recommend is to do what is fun for you, to heck with what others do. That is unless you want to compete with them. I have a bit of competition going with my brother in law and that often drives me to cache a bit later in the day or earlier in the morning.

Lots of other factors make it an unlevel playing field trying to do as others do. As an example our children are grown and we are able to spend most of our discretionary time caching. If you have small children it makes it difficult to compare our "accomplishments". Children fail to see the "fun" in a manicial caching run.

The wonderful thing about this game/hobby/addiction is the opportunity to play it as you desire. We hope that you enjoy it as much as we do.....poppy

My personal best was 84 found in the Fort Smith area on my birthday last year.

According to CacheStats, our best was 15, on April 22, 2006. Not much to brag about, I suppose...

Wayne
    I get my directions from above.
    View my profile

flannelman Guest
    My best thus far has been 19. I hit that at the Winding Stair Expedition last weekend. It was a full day of caching thats for sure!! The round trip hike to Winding Stair was a little over 3 hours and we got 2 caches on that hike. There are a lot of caches around lake Greeson that we got to go after that really brought my total up. I think just the hike for the two was more than worth the trip so numbers aren't always my main goal. I figure that I'll keep on going after caches that I'm interested in and the numbers will take care of themselves.

Q Guest
    I asked this question originally after we got 3 in a couple of hours and could have done 4. We have settled into a routine of 1 or 2 but usually hike before and after. In other woids, we don't just go caching, it is kind of the added bonus. We have also done a few in town which are good for something different but not really our thing. It is all about what the boys wanna do!

HikerRon Guest
    I dont usually worry about number of finds, but two or three times a year i team up with some one and go after a 'big day'. it can be fun in the right
    company. biggest day i've ever had was 36.
    i'm in Colorado now, but will be moving Cabot in about 3 months. looking forward to all those new cache to find