Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Caches in the Conway Area?

New Caches in the Conway Area?

We're thinking of several locations for some new caches in and around Conway. Eventually, there could be 6 or 7 new ones in the city limits. We're pretty excited about two of them. It looks like they will both be either multis or offsets, each with up to 12 stages!

Ok, I'll admit that my main reason for posting this is so that it will commit us to follow through and actually get the caches out there . Anybody else wanna join us in our commitment? Any new caches in the works for any of you?
    I get my directions from above.
    View my profile

I have about four in the works for Russellville right now and a couple of more for out on the trails. I currently have about twenty containers ready to go and just no time to put them out. Maybe now that the kids are out of school I will have some time to go if I can talk them into going with me. I haven't even been able to do much hiking this year.

edit typos

cachecrazies Guest
    We're working on 2 right now. And replacing a 3rd one.

Unfortunately, the Arkansas Happy Cache has to be replaced due to weather (it washed away) but have it ready to set out.

One we will be maintaining, not setting. Hot Dogs off Trail (from Wisconsin) are setting a new cache in Pigeon Creek which we will be maintaining. We found it last weekend and they will be activating it shortly. It's a great 4 part multi that's really cool - we loved looking for it!

Our other new one is slated to be the "Caching Ladies Cache" with items specifically for lady cachers. Have most of the goodies in the can - just looking for the right place to hide it. Having trouble with finding a place with no poison ivy this year.

Rusty_da_dog Guest
    I have one I am trying to get together, its going to be a little different from anything that we have around here at the present time. Course that is if I ever come up with the containers I need, or more importantly the time to get them out.

Phantom_491 Guest
    I have a couple that I am working on. I also have a couple more that I am considering.

One will be placed in/around the area that the now MIA 'Droog Hotel' used to be. I have to scout out the park, then talk to the Jacksonville parks authority to see if I need permission or anything.

I am also planning an offset cache with at least six locations to find before the final cache in LR.

If you get the chance come to Jacksonville and visit my newest cache 'Phantom's Haunt' (GCJF3B). It's located next to my driveway. If you're lucky I might be home. Look for my blue cachemobile.

GEO Guest

Real Soon

I will get that way soon.
    I think I got that problem fixed as well sorry for all the messages.

Bebopishere Guest

New caches in Jacksonville

Hey phantom, I am thinking of placing a new cache in Dupree park, maybe a night only cache to keep the muggles out of it, they trashed my last one there ( Stumpy's Point) so bad I archived it. Would you like to combine on one let me know! Maybe we can get a geocahers dinner together with some locals and come up with a bang up cache, one that will make people want to drive to be the first one there.

Phantom_491 Guest

Re: New caches in Jacksonville

Sounds good to me! I have a little Something that will help with the night cache!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bebopishere
    Hey phantom, I am thinking of placing a new cache in Dupree park, maybe a night only cache to keep the muggles out of it, they trashed my last one there ( Stumpy's Point) so bad I archived it. Would you like to combine on one let me know! Maybe we can get a geocahers dinner together with some locals and come up with a bang up cache, one that will make people want to drive to be the first one there.

Phantom_491 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom_491
    If you get the chance come to Jacksonville and visit my newest cache 'Phantom's Haunt' (GCJF3B). It's located next to my driveway. If you're lucky I might be home. Look for my blue cachemobile.
    I just wanted to let everyone know that the Blue Cachemobile is currently at a collision shop waiting for the adjuster to come look at it and give final rites. I was in an accident on Tuesday (June 22) afternoon (4:30ish PM). I am ok (a little banged up), but I have a feeling my blue cachemobile won't be seeing the road again.

Hopefully I can get a replacement cachemobile soon so I can proceed to my next goal 200 caches before Labor Day!

The Gatling Bowl is now ready for play. If you look for this one, Team Rock Hound and I need some feedback. Since this is sort of a new concept, we'd like to know if you enjoyed it, suggestions for improvement, creative critisisms, etc... Let 'er rip!

Team Rock Hound really put some work into this one and should be credited for the idea and implementation. Hope you enjoy it!
    I get my directions from above.
    View my profile